Wednesday, July 07, 2004

On Writing

Every once in a while I get this wierd urge to write. The reason I find it wierd is that I don't seem to have anything to say. When I get in this "writing mood" sometimes I venture as far as to pick up a pen and notebook and try journal keeping for the umpteenth time in my life. The trouble is that I tend to get very deep and sometimes melancholy. I overanalyze everything and once this happens the writing isn't fun anymore. So then I stop until the next urge comes on.

I've been reading a couple of different blogs pretty faithfully. There are 2 in particular that I enjoy.

Raindrops

and

Brown Betty Brew

I must admit that these blogs belong to my parents so I'm a little partial to them but if you get a chance, check them out. They're a good read.

Anyway, my point is that with reading the above mentioned blogs paired with the urge to write, I've ended up trying out this blog-thing. I haven't figured out how to put a picture in my profile yet but so far it seems pretty neat.

A lot has been going on in my life lately so perhaps I can find enough to write about to fill a couple of blog postings. Stay tuned.....

The Buzz:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

"There are thousands of thoughts lying withing a man (or woman) that he does not know till he takes up his pen and writes." William Thackery

"You never know what you will learn till you start writing. Then you discover truths you never knew existed." Anita Brookner

I like your start at a Blog Butterfly. Just keep on writing hunny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home