Thursday, August 26, 2004

Bad Start is Better Than No Start

I managed to sleep a full 8 hours last night. Sleeping is one of my favourite things and I never get enough of it. I've come to the realization that I, in fact, need more of it than others. I'm always tired. By the end of the week I'm exhausted.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. As I was saying, the day started off well enough as I had a good night's sleep. Everything went smoothly until I went to leave. After opening the garage door I got in the car to back it out. That tends to work better if the car actually starts. I couldn't believe it, but my 2 month old car wouldn't start. My first thought was "No bloody way!". My next thought was how am I ever going to get to work? I live a 1/2 hour outside of town and Eric is gone. @#$#@$@!!!


I ended up spending the next 1/2 hour on the phone with roadside assistance and Eric and the dealership. I was fit to be tied I'll tell you. The tow truck was pretty quick in coming. Thank goodness for small miracles. Anyway, the long and short of it is that he got it started with almost no problem. This, after I tried 10 freakin' times!!! I hate that. Why is it that cars seem to need a man's touch to behave. It drives me crazy. Anyway, he said that the clutch wasn't catching properly. He pumped it 2 or 3 times and it caught and started. Now, it seems to be working fine.

I was only a 1/2 late for work. That's no problem because I'm rarely late and rarely leave early.

What a rotten start to the day. Let's hope it only gets better!