Thursday, August 19, 2004

Surfing Blogs

Every once in a while I go in and look through the "recently posted blogs". Usually I am very impressed. Blogging really has become an outlet for many. I have found that it has enabled me to identify with lots of people.

Many of the blogs that I have perused have surprised me more than a little bit. Is it because I never really believed that people felt the same way as I do about things? Or just that it's hard to see the depth of most of the people we come into actual contact with everyday. Blogging has a way of making us bear our souls and share thoughts that we normally wouldn't share. Why is it easier on a blog? I find it easier to reveal myself to a stranger than someone I know.

I found a blog the other day by a guy who put into words something that I never could. It clicked when I read it. Wow, isn't it amazing that some guy far, far away has been thinking along the same lines as me? And how about the girl who lives on the west coast that I can identify with so well? Isn't it special to have this opportunity to make new connections and possibly friends?

But mostly, I am just impressed with the depth and emotion and truth of what I read when I surf through these blogs. What did we ever do without them?

The Buzz:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Alianora declared...

Isn't it amazing? I have a best friend I met in an internet chatroom back in 1995. We are pen pals still to this day, now she is in law school. LAW school! Totally astounds me sometimes. She and I have shared everything together, I actually confide in her more than any of my friends who liver in this area. I know for certain she won't share my secrets or fears. We've been friends for 9 years. All because of the internet. Reading blogs is a wonderful way to connect to people from all over the world. So many other aspects of the internet are too...

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Kat declared...

It's easier to be me on my blog than anywhere else. Throughout the day I may be an employee, a mother, a student's parent, a professional...each a piece of the whole but never complete. When I write, I lose the trappings needed for various roles and find my soul within.

And...

I'm addicted to blogging. I just keep going, and going, and... :-)

-K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home