Tuesday, August 03, 2004

What a Great Weekend!

Back from the long weekend. We had a really great time. Eric did all the things around the house that Son-in-Laws are supposed to do. All efforts seemed to be much appreciated by the folks. It was a pretty fair trade I figure. They not only fed us well and spoiled us rotten but spoiled all my friends too.

It was great to see all my friends that could make it over on Sunday evening for a BBQ. It was so much fun. We consumed a lot of alcohol and a lot of food. Stayed up until the wee hours and even had a few extra house guests for the night. Woke up to a pounding headache but the big breakfast fixed that. (3 huge cups of coffee didn’t hurt either)

So we’re back and getting into the swing of things here. Eric has got lots of work to do and I’ve been managing to keep busy too. Tonight I planted a big bunch of chives that my parents dug up from their garden for me. Hopefully they’ll do well in the place that I chose for them. Also, I put in some Forget-Me-Nots that had originally come from my Grandfather’s garden and have been flourishing in my folks’ garden. I really hope that they do well. I love Forget-Me-Nots. I’ll look forward to next spring to see if they take hold or not.

It was really great to be home. Thanks Mom and Dad for all your hard work and your generosity.