Sunday, September 19, 2004

Bring on the Fashion Police

It's freakin' cold here. They say that it's going down to 3*C tonight.

We went to a friend's place for the evening. There I was sitting on the porch getting a "breath of fresh air" looking as silly as can be. In my search for warmth I had on a light sweater underneath a long, open-front, belted sweater. Over that, I wore a (borrowed) multi-coloured, bulky, zip up sweater under which my long sweater stuck out in the most flattering way. Then to top off the lovely ensemble I had on a pair of borrowed sports socks with mule-style sandals.

SWEET!

I am such a fashion plate.

The Buzz:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Ha! I just love this time of year...fall is my favourite of the four seasons. As for me, my sense of fashion is likely best described as tragic. Hmmm...I think I might you that on my blog.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Alianora declared...

Ahhh, I am fashionably impaired. When fashion sense was handed down, I was sleeping somewhere, not paying attention. Oh well. Jeans, sneakers and a sweatshirt or t shirt are my standard issue duds. So what if it's so college norm or girl next door basic? So what if I buy them at thrift stores so I don't have to "break in" my own new clothing every few months?? I am who I am. And I like my "style" Hehehe. Rock on, sister. NO matter what your dud style may be!!

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Alianora declared...

Sandals with wool socks in winter ROCK!! I have about 3 pair of sandals and I love them, year round. So much less of a pain to put on if you are "running" out the door in a hurry, as I often do.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

I have a friend who nearly always wears socks with her sandals. Such a fashion faux pas! And it looks silly. Defeats the purpose of wearing sandals, no? But she is my friend. I love her. So I say nothing.

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Kat declared...

The fashion police would have arrested me last week for blatant ignorance. After I found out about the last minute Yoga class, I dashed down to the store for some Yoga-type attire: sports bra, sweat pants, and a zippered sweatshirt. As I tried on a woman's sweatshirt (in the middle of the store) I came upon the dual-zipper head. I tried to undo it. It wouldn't work.

Since I have yet to own any dual zippered items, I had no idea how it worked. I looked at my friend with a frantic plea. Just as I was about to pull the damn thing over my head, my friend calmly grabbed the zipper and unlatched it.

Mamam, step away from the zipper.
-K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home