Sunday, September 26, 2004

Finally.

Whew. Feeling much better.

What a great day today. Slept in (love sleeping in), had friends in for "tea" this afternoon, got invited to a party next weekend, made dinner plans with a neighbour for tomorrow and headed out to a friend's place for dinner and a nice evening.

As I said. Much better.

I've just finished catching up on everyone's blogs. I have about 12 that I check every day, sometimes twice a day. I have another couple that I check in with every few days. I love reading these blogs no matter how short or long and no matter what they talk about. I feel such a sense of ...... kinship?..... community? I don't know what word I'm looking for. Maybe I should make up a new word. Blogship? Mh. I'll have to think on that one some more. (This reminds me that I should update my "Blogs I Enjoy" list.)

I'm happy about this party next weekend. We moved into this neighbourhood in the winter and it's been a little slow getting to know people. We live on the corner so I feel like we're not in the thick of the social network. But as we were out in the yard today one gem of a neighbour hollered across the street. "Hey Shauna! Whatcha doing next weekend? Party at Tracey's!"

Yahoo! I'm looking so forward to it. We have quite a few people our age or close on the street. I've really looked forward to being part of a neighbourhood again after so many years of cold, unfriendly apartment dwelling. It's taken me 6 years of living in this city to accept the fact that I'm very likely staying here. I've finally got a few close friends and now that we have a house I'm hoping to settle into the community a bit more.

For the first time in years I feel like I can peer into the misty future and I am liking those glimpses that I'm catching. I'm on solid ground for the first time in more than 10 years. I may not have a lot of money and I may always feel tired. I'm not a good cook and my house is not as clean as it should be. I have a never-ending pile of laundry and a half empty fridge.

But I've never been happier in my life. This is where I'm supposed to be.

Finally.


The Buzz:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

WTG, Shauna! Best post EVER! Welcome!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger `*Pansy*~ declared...

Very good post, indeed! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead, and I'm glad you are on more stable ground, so to speak. Content, perhaps?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

Empty fridge? Gotta work on that, especially the downstairs one.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Kristin declared...

So happy you feel on solid ground - you seem to be such a sweet soul.

I am still in tenacious waters and hope, a couple years from now, to be where you are. I am looking forward to my thirties, to a sense of stability.

Keep the posts coming!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

I hear you about the "kinship" remark.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Kat declared...

"This is where I'm suppose to be." Wow! You can't ask for much more than that. Enjoy! BTW I'm jealous as hell! Where, oh where, am I suppose to be?!? :-P

And yes, I've also found many a sense of community and friendship in the world of Blogger. Thanks for being a part of it!

-K.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Larry declared...

What a wonderfull post, I really enjoyed reading it.

I understand 100% when you talked about the 'blogship', being new to this community, I really enjoy reading and sharing with the other folks in 'Blog World'

Oh.....btw, I was directed to you site by Dale.

See you in 'Blog World'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home