Thursday, September 16, 2004

Survivor

Oh god. It has begun. Survivor has started. I admit to being (with only a little shame) a huge Survivor fan.

The first Survivor caught me up completely by accident. I remember typing away on my computer on that summer evening. I turned the TV on to have some background noise. Survivor was the only thing on (as I didn't have cable) and I found myself leaning back from the computer and craning my neck to watch a show that I had scoffed at previously. Ever since then I've been completely hooked.

Let me say that I am not a fan of reality shows. I absolutely refuse to watch any reality show that has anything to do with love, sex or match ups. The only shows that I will watch are Survivor and The Apprentice. Love those shows. Love them. Other than those 2 reality shows I watch mostly fictional shows. After all isn't watching TV all about escaping reality anyway? At least that's what I find it good for .

Anyway. I guess that this post is my roundabout way to admit to being a Fall/Winter TV junkie.

I need a fix!

The Buzz:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Iona declared...

I also watched Survivor when I was still living in Finland, about 5 years ago. Great show! It was the Survivor- The Outback series, which took place in Australia.
My husband and I watched every episode, until I checked the Internet (for some extra info on the show) and accidentally spotted the winner. We quickly lost interest after that. So one piece of advice, DON'T check the net! It truly spoils the fun!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

I'm with you, girl. When I watch television, (and that's rarely) I want to either learn something new or just be taken away and entertained with fantasy. Reality exists all around me. Everywhere. Every day. Why look to tv to find it?

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

If it weren't for Showcase, my tv would be off all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home