Monday, October 25, 2004

Flashback.

Today I got an email from a friend. Subject line: Flashback. I opened it up and much to my surprise there's me and a long ago boyfriend. Senior Prom 1990.

After gales of laughter I examined it a little farther. How funny it is now and how gorgeous I thought I was then. Picture this:

  • teal green strapless dress with a flared skirt that was just below my knees at the front but swooped down to my ankles in the back
  • bright yellow wrist corsage
  • separate sleeves. Oh I ask you! What was I thinking? They were specially made to match my dress. Started half way between my elbow and shoulder and tapered to a lovely point on the top of my hand. Hideous!
  • Satin dyed "pumps" to match the dress
  • Big hair. Big, big, big hair.
  • Boyfriend? Mullet. Moustache. But damn he had his own car and he was a real cutie back then. He used to bring me flowers every weekend when he'd come and visit me from Toronto.
Oh what fun. The only consolation is that everyone else there looked as dorky as me. But back then? Princesses.

I'll have to call and thank her for that.



The Buzz:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

So where's the pic? Post it. I dare ya!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

Me too. I want to see the pic. I bet you look cute as a button.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

Me too. I want to see the pic. I bet you look cute as a button.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Kristin declared...

Thanks, Butterfly, that brings me back.

I had the aqua-net hard wall of bangs and bright blue puffy-sequin-saccharine-sweet dress with matching pumps. Pumps! I could see my date's part! I cannot believe I graduated from high school over 10 years ago. It feels like yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home