Monday, October 11, 2004

Giving Thanks.

Well. The long weekend winds to a close. Here we sit in my comfy rec room. We are full, tired and happy (and a little fatter -- no doubt).

My first turkey dinner turned out okay even though it seemed like the turkey would never be done. Luckily, Mom co-piloted my first attempt at Thanksgiving Dinner and it was all so yummy. There will be leftovers all week. That's the best part -- leftovers.

We took a day trip to the "cottage" yesterday to visit with more family. We had a great day. My sister was there with her girlfriend. My aunt and uncle were there and both their kids were there as well. Ben was solo but Sara had her new Scottish boyfriend there. We visited and ate and hiked the extensive trail that my Uncle has carved out around the property. The wine was flowing freely and the house was a great, warm, cozy haven.

Today was big breakfast day. Whenever we have friends or family over we have a big breakfast at least once. The tradition is that the men will cook and the women clean up. It's a good deal, I think. So we slept in and then gorged on eggs, bacon and biscuits. Yummy. Today we have pledged to relax and hang out. We shall play Trivial Pursuit (a family tradition) and watch a movie and of course eat leftovers.

Well I think that the game is coming out so I must go.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.




The Buzz:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend, Shauna. Family. Friends. Food. And aren't the leaves getting pretty?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home