Friday, October 15, 2004

Half My Life Ago.

Tonight I purchased a Sweet Sixteen card and gift for the daughter of a friend. The daughter of a friend? I feel like I was 16 only yesterday and now that was half my life ago. Some friends now have 16 years olds. I have trouble getting my end-of-the-week, addled brain around that.

When did I get this old? Wasn't I 16 only yesterday?

I envy the Sweet Sixteen year old in a way. In another way I don't. The best and worst of times. In the birthday card I wrote "Live life to the fullest. The world is yours."

Mh. Good advice that. Do I though? Live life to the fullest? Is the world still mine? I don't know. I guess not. What's stopping me? Time. Money. Lack of energy. A lot of the time I feel like the world is defeating me.

Stupid girl. Shake it off! What a terrible excuse for not living life to the fullest. I must figure out how to do it in spite of having no money and no time. Some day I'm going to be 64 years old and looking back at when I was 32 -- half my life ago. Let me be able to say that I lived life to the fullest. Let me be able to say that I have no regrets.

Here's to that.

The Buzz:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger Alianora declared...

You still have an entire lifetime ahead of you! The amount of time we get on this planet is less than a blink in the grand scheme of things, just remember to savor every moment, because every moment is YOURS to cherish!! =)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Hi Shauna. Well written! I think we can all relate to that one. A few years ago, I helped my dad write his memoirs. In the back of the book, he offers this quote. "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The nearer the end, the faster it goes." Your Life is a gift. A wonderful, beautiful, exciting gift. "Live life to the fullest. The world is yours." Amen, sister. And thanks for the reminder.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Kat declared...

Boy, did that strike a chord with me! I have the same thoughts/concerns. Some days it's all I can do to just make it through. And I'm sure the hell not living life to the fullest. I'd rather be at Disney World with my kids this week. lol

My moto is to enjoy the good things, learn from the bad, and to just do the best I can every day. I may not be doing everything I'd like to do. But did I do what I had to do well according to my standards?

Remember, hon. At 32, we're old enough to know that while those simple meaningful phrases are useful for motivation, life ain't always that easy.

Do your best, and there's no regrets.
-K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home