Saturday, October 02, 2004

I Am Not Alone

I found this poem on an interesting blog: Freelance Monk. I have never been much of a poetry fan but I do enjoy the gems that Kat writes and I think that this is a simple and thought provoking piece. Maybe I have just been reading the wrong stuff? Anyway, here it is.

I Am Not Alone

I am not alone.

I am part of the world
and it is part of me.
I am never alone,
for what surrounds me
is also me.
I exchange atoms with the air,
the sky, the sea and the mountain.
If I feel alone
it is because I have forgotten this.
If I am afraid
it is because I do not have
the faith to know
that everything will be all right.
In fact, it already is all right.
I am OK
even if I am in pain
or afraid
or lonely.
I am always loved
even if there's no one else in the room.
I am never alone.

--JV



The Buzz:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

Oh Shauna! That is so absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger JV declared...

Hi Butterfly,

I'm flattered that you liked my poem enough to post it on your own blog. I call it "I Am Not Alone". I haven't put my full name on my blog yet, so attributing it to JV at Freelance Monk is fine for now. Assume a creative commons (http://creativecommons.org/) copyright licence. This poem is part of a collection I may try to publish some day.

Thanks for the compliment
JV

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

Sounds like you may be alone more when The Boy is playing with his new computer friends.

Aside: I think the geeks are the guys who write the games. 8P They're rich little so-and-so's too.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Kat declared...

Very nice. I like that one too.
-K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home