Sunday, October 17, 2004

Random Facts About Me.

I love to read. I will reread my favourite books over and over again.

I have a nose ring. I got it when I was in my early 20s and took it out for a few years. It's been back for the last couple of years.

I wish that I could wear sandals all year round.

I am one of the moodiest people you could ever meet.

My drinks of choice are red wine or rye and coke.

My hair is naturally curly. (So is my husband's)

I have a sister who is 6 years my junior. I am very proud of her.

I have no living grandparents left. I am sad about this.

I moved across the province when I was 25 so that I could get out of the rut that my life had become. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

I am a social smoker. Love to have cigarette with a drink. If it wasn't bad for me I would probably smoke all the time.

I was popular in school. It seemed to matter a lot then. Doesn't now.

I would like to have a child someday. I am worried that I will have trouble conceiving.

I was born very close to Christmas. Christmas is one of my favourite things.

I cry every time I watch Beaches.

My first kiss was New Year's Eve 1985.

My first real love was Tom. I loved him for years and he didn't love me back. We spent many nights together but never went on a single date.

I would love to go to Scotland some day.

I am a big fan of 80s music and movies.

I think the sexiest part on a man's body are his thighs.

I have come to a point in my life where my parents are in my circle of close friends.

When I ask for something to be done, I want it done right away.

Some of my closest friends are people that I've never met face to face.

I am NOT a morning person.

People that are too cheerful really annoy me.

I have suffered much inner conflict and guilt due to my church upbringing.

I do not make friends easily anymore.

When I was single I was attracted to and dated more than my fair share of brutish rugby players.

Sometimes I lay awake at night and worry about money.

I would rather drive in Toronto than Montreal but they both make me nervous.

I knicknamed myself Butterfly because in the last couple of years my life has gone through a metamorphosis.

I love bread. I could live off of baguettes and bagels and biscuits.

I have trouble getting to sleep. I have to limit my caffeine intake just in case it keeps me up half the night.

I have had numerous dreams where I am watching my own funeral take place. My dream life is quite active.

I am nostalgic. A song or a scent can bring me to tears with memories.

I don't like being the centre of attention.

I miss my friends back home very much but I am grateful for the great friends that I have here.

I need to stop this list before it becomes too long and boring.



The Buzz:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger `*Pansy*~ declared...

I liked reading that list, it's not boring. Perhaps I'll write something similar on my blog when i am feeling a bit less upset.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Never, ever boring.

More please.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Kristin declared...

You could indeed be my sister. I share at least 80% of these in common with you.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Zulu declared...

I agree with K...and I have to say, it's nice to know there are people in the world like me as sometimes I feel like no one can relate.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Iona declared...

Not boring at all. I like reading about people. What they do, what they think, why they think that. (I should study phychology!)
Anyway, what I wanted to say; Thanks for sharing. It's nice to 'meet' you.
And yes, your entry also tempted me to write something similar on my own blog.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Larry declared...

What a great idea.....'Random Facts about Me'....
I really enjoyed reading yours and learning about you..

Have a great day!!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Thank you for sharing that way, Shauna. Pity we find it so difficult to be intimate in our personal Lives. It's not so frightening to tell others about ourselves when we can do it anonymously. It feels good, though. Doesn't it? And look at all the comments! We are more alike my friend, than we imagine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home