Saturday, October 02, 2004

Shooter Time!

Last night we partied. We partied until my friend turned to me and said: "I can't feel my eyebrows anymore."

Ha ha ha ha.

I said "Can you ever just feel your eyebrows? Do you sit there and concentrate on your eyebrows until you can feel them just being there? How odd."

That gives you an idea of how much poison we consumed last night. Our neighbour had a little street party. So we gathered aroud their firebowl in their driveway. I made 3 trips back to our house to fill up our little cooler. Our fridge is completely empty. Good thing I had lots of extras on hand. We had such fun. The shooters were flowing freely. How long has it been since I've done shooters in that kind of quantity? A long freakin' time.

One thing that we all discovered last night is that the women on the street all have one thing in common. We're all married to geeks. You should have heard the silly boys talk about networks and routers and ports and online game playing. Honestly, the last thing I need is for Eric to find online gaming friends. After last night, he's got plans to go and buy the game that they all play so that he can join in.

God help me.

And believe it or not they all go to the local computer gaming place once a month or something and play there. They put money in a pot and the winner gets the loot. They tried to put a positive spin in it for me.

"Yeah but Shauna, really he's doing it for you. When he wins he can take you out for dinner."

Don't bother boys. I know what you're all about.

They all have specific roles. G is a helicopter pilot. R is a sniper. It's all very juvenile. But I guess that it could be worse. They could be out gambling or drinking at the pub every night or god knows what else.

So really, I'm lucky right?

Right?



The Buzz:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Ha! The boys talk geek while the girls down the liquor. We *so* live in similar neighbourhoods.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Alianora declared...

Yes, it could be much worse, as you stated. At least it's healthy fun, helps them keep in touch with their days as young boys, relive their younger days in a sense...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home