Thursday, October 28, 2004

What a Deal!

As I sit and look through the latest grocery store flyer, I wonder when I became so domesticated. Ooohhhh! Pizza's on sale for half price. Must go pick up a few. Veggies on for 49 cents a can? Wow! And look Coke is on for $6/case. What a deal!

Ug. When did this happen?

When I moved in with a man. That's when it happened. My grocery bills were amazing when I lived on my own. Next to nothing. Now that's where my money goes. Proper dinners every night and the lunches! Frig. The lunches. To get this grown man to take a lunch to work was a battle I finally won but now I need to make sure that he's got treats and whatever lunch meat he's into this week. For crying out loud, he's got to be worse than a kid. Me? I take yogurt and a coke and maybe some salad for lunch. HE gets Joe Louis' and Hop-n-Go's and granola bars. Whatever I can find to keep him interested in lunches.

And have I mentioned that he drinks Coke instead of water? I must go through, easily, a case a week. You should see me fill up my trunk when I hit a $5/case sale. It's ridiculous.

So I'm off to the closest grocery store to get my man some treats and see what else is on sale. The fun never ends.

The Buzz:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Welcome to the suburbs. Wait till you find yourself in the middle of a Partylite candle party (AKA "the candle cult").

...{Shudder}.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home