Saturday, November 13, 2004

Big Oops.

Now you will all know what a bonehead I can be.

Tonight I lit a few candles around the house. Nothing wrong with that. Unless you forget to extinguish the ones on the bathroom counter. And then go out.

I wasn't expecting to go out. It was a quick trip up the street to Crappy Tire. Last minute thing.

When we got home Eric sniffed and said, "Does it smell like something is burning?"

Oops.

Big oops.

Left the 4 wick candle lit in the bathroom. Usually this would not have been a huge deal -- we weren't gone long. If it had been a new candle it would have been fine. But unfortunately the candle had already been burnt pretty low even before I had lit it.

The glass jar holding the candle had burst. The wicks were all out (thankfully) and there was dried wax on the counter. When the glass burst, the counter scorched and now there is a good sized burn mark on a very obvious spot on the counter.

You don't need to tell me that my house could have burnt down. I know it. I am a tool.

See? I told you I've been distracted and careless lately.

The Buzz:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

Wow, Shauna. That's scary! Consider it a stern warning from The Universe. Time to wake up.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Looks like the partylight candle lady 'aint gonna be visiting you anytime soon.

{I deleted that previous post so I could fix a typo}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home