Wednesday, November 24, 2004

First Snowfall = Loss of Driving Skills.

First snowfall of the year today. (Have I told you how much I hate winter?)

Anyway, the rain from this afternoon turned to snow just in time for the commute home. And today is when I became an irate driver. How can people forget from year to year how to drive in snow? There was absolutely no need for the constant braking. I was on a highway where I can usually drive between 80 and 100 kph and there I was stuck at between 40 and 60 kph. Grrrr.

So by the time I finally saw the lights of my small community ahead I found myself yelling at the drivers in front of me. I seriously considered honking and giving them the finger as I blew by them when the road finally widened. (And I'm usually a very considerate driver)

Bloody hell. It's gonna be a long winter.

The Buzz:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Jen declared...

Sheesh. You weren't kidding about the snow, were ya?? Yup, the leaves are just turning here. :-)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

As someone who has lived in a northern town all my life, I can't emphasize enough that it's important to slow down when bad weather hits. True, people forget how to drive in snow, but many others forget that all-season tires only provide a limited amount of control in icy conditions.

And so ends my dorky public service announcement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home