Sunday, November 14, 2004

Getting a Reputation.

Warning: Content below may be unsuitable for parents to read.


This afternoon Eric and I were outside untangling and putting up Christmas lights. Our neighbours pulled up. They're pretty nice but we don't know them too well. They're in their mid fifties I would guess.

So anyway. The fellow comes over and has a little laugh at us as we're both tangled up in lights. Then as he's leaving he turns as says:

"Oh. I meant to tell you.... You guys watch TV in your basement a lot right?"

We nodded affirmatively.

"Well you may want to flip your blinds so that the slats are turned the other way. When it's dark and you have your lights on I can see right into your basement. If anyone was passing by they'd probably be able to see too."

You see he often ducks out to his backyard to have a smoke. And not only that but we live on a corner lot with no fence. Often people cut through our backyard to connect with the paths that are in the field behind our house.

It's all good right?

Not so. I was completely mortified. Last night......feeling slightly amorous, Eric and I "got it on" in the basement. There was a little chair action. There was a little couch action. There was a little floor action.

Did he see us? Is that why he's telling us about our blinds. Oh. My. God.

I mumbled something about getting right to that. And thanks so much for telling us.

Eric, up on the ladder, is trying not to laugh. I was trying to act calm and collected but I could feel myself blushing. I just wanted to fly into the house.

Now this guy could have seen nothing at all but it seems slightly coincidental that today of all days he would tell us about how he could see in.

I could have died.

This embarrassing moment is right up there with the time that our other neighbour helped us move something into our house. Through the front door, through the living room, past the bathroom and into the spare room. We chatted and joked around in the hallway and he looked around a bit as it was his first time inside our place.

Imagine my mortification when I remembered that we had left a brightly coloured toy (a toy of a sexual nature) on our bathroom counter. Eric assures me that he likely didn't notice it but I ask you. Could you miss a hot pink funny looking contraption with a cord and a remote attached to it? I doubt it.

We're going to end up with quite the reputation on this street.

The Buzz:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

lol.

It makes that candle accident seem insignificant, doesn't it?

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

After a few weeks of marriage, an uncle of your visited and noted that the towels that served for our bedroom curtains weren't terribly opaque.

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Iona declared...

Jees, very embarrassing!

I had a similar thing; Our bedroom roll-down curtain doesn't roll down all the way, it leaves about an inch. I didn't think it mattered, until my neighbor said one morning;
'He, you were reading a book last night, weren't you?'
'Huh?' was my reaction.
'Yeah, the light was on, I could see you lay in bed. You might wanna close that up, especially in case you two love birds are 'practicing'.'

Well, that one inch opening had been there for a long time already and I'm sure a lot of people have seen us 'practicing.'
I'm so embarrassed... So that same day I taped some of that decorative, non-transparent plastic foil onto the window. Problem solved.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Zulu declared...

Oh my god. That is hilarious.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Thomas declared...

You have the blinds closed now? When, there goes tonight's entertainment option...

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger chunk declared...

embarassing yes. A tad titilating?

I think so.

J.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Oh my word! Couldn't you just feel the blood rushing to your face???!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home