Tuesday, November 09, 2004

It's Been a While....

It's been a while since I truly blogged. I mean really wrote about what I'm thinking about or what's been going on. I hope to rectify that shortly.

So what's been going on in my life?

  • My acrylic nails, which I'm growing out, have started to pop off and it makes my fingers sore.
  • My house is in desperate need of a good cleaning.
  • I went to a dinner party on Saturday night and had a fabulous time. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends.
  • I went 'house shopping' for those crazy parents of mine. (Ha. Betcha didn't know they were my parents.)
  • I have become addicted to Gmail.
  • This freakin' cat is driving me mad.
  • I have eaten way too much leftover Halloween chocolate (and we had 170+ kids).
  • Am very jealous of K who is having a fabulous time in Belize right now.
  • I am still getting over the fantastic viewing of The Northern Lights a couple of nights ago. It was unlike any previous viewing I had. Stunning. Apparently they could even be seen from Kitchener, Ontario. (Here's a link with many different pics on it, from the US and Canada mostly.)
  • I have been distracted and careless lately. Don't ask me why.
  • Have figured out that there's only about 6 weeks till Christmas!!! (Planning to put up the outdoor Christmas lights this weekend if it's nice enough. And no I won't light them yet.)
  • I have been trying to avoid the fact that my 32nd birthday is looming large.
  • I am very thankful that this is the first year in the last 6 that I am not moving. Other people aren't so lucky.
  • I have had trouble getting to sleep these days.
  • I bought Dido's 'Life for Rent' and have found that I love it as much as 'No Angel'.
  • Decided that Kat's blog has been very interesting lately. (Thanks for keeping it soooo interesting my friend.)
  • Has everyone heard that we found Eric's pants? That was a highlight.
  • Found out this week that my 37 year old friend may have serious heart problems.
  • Have been wondering what's so great about single malt scotch. Maybe I should try it sometime. Then again, maybe I'll stick with my beloved red wine.
  • I have found a couple new interesting blogs. One, I've already added to my Blogs I Enjoy list. Another, I will add shortly.
  • Pondering the question: If I could go back in time (via a time machine) where in the hell would I choose to go?
So that's about it for me. My laundry continues to pile up and the dishes always need to be done. Life is rolling by at an incredible pace these days. Just trying to keep up with it all.



The Buzz:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

Good stuff.

You lead a busy life. Blog when you can and when you want to, not because you have to. May Wings be your servant and not your Lord. Amen.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

Thanks for the Belize contact, my cousin lives there but I've never been myself.

Kat's blog is very interesting, especially after a glass of red wine.

The attention span will return when the sleep returns.

Growing old sure beats the alternative.

Thanks for the time machine link.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Kat declared...

I didn't realize how much I've been missing your posts! It's good to hear from you again.

-I'm stealing from my daughter's hidden Halloween candy stash and developing an addiction to Butterfingers.

-6 weeks til Christmas?!? Damn. I'm doomed.

-My blog...I'm wondering if it (I'm) out of control. lol

-I did the dishes, but the laundry...ah well, I'm saving that for the weekend.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Welcome back, Shauna. We've missed you. Glad Eric and his trousers have been reunited. Strange occurance, that. Pants don't normally just walk away. It's not like they have legs or anyth .. Hmmm. Yes. OK then. Dreadful thing about your fingernails.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Zulu declared...

Glad you are back...cause you KNOW your blog is one of the ones I look forward to reading. Helps keep me sane...so no pressure or anything. LOL

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger chunk declared...

Hey thanks for the link. I too have you on my favourites. 32? try 35, it hit me like a freaking garbage truck about a month ago, I am just starting to recover. Oh. Scotch is a juicy devil. Try it. You'll hate it. And think about it over and over.

Cheers!!

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home