Friday, November 05, 2004

A New Low.

Tonight I was positively reduced to tears by a fucking cat.

The Buzz:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

I so know what you are talking about.

My cat, who although very sweet between the hours of 8pm to 10pm, otherwise belongs on a farm, kills baby rabbits, squirrels, mice and birds, wakes me up at 4 am, scratches an upholstered,white chair in my home, need I go on?

The same cat who my neighbors all hate, comes home seriously limping one morning. I mean SERIOUSLY.

Now, up until that time, I jokingly, well kind of jokingly said to my husband (aka Mr. Wonderful), "I hear coyotes, quick where is the cat, lets put him outside."

Anyway, I am reduced to tears when I see my cat in this condidtion and IMMEDIATELY phone the vet, who I know from previous experience will charge me $100/hr (It's good to be a vet).

Finnigan cat must spend a lot of time with the vet. He has to stay overnight, because he has been in a fight and has a large bite in his front armpit, he has many more bites on his back leg.

He did survive although, I thought I'd kill him.

It's amazing how animals really get under your skin. They connect in a way that meets the unconditional love that we so need and deserve and can't get from other human beings.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

I was once reduced to tears by a cat. Sumbitch had his claws into my thigh. I couldn't leave him there and it hurt like hell to pull him off. He was cute alright, but an incorrigible climber.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home