Tuesday, December 14, 2004

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

Here is my dilemna for the day.

I do not have a deep freeze. I have an upstairs fridge and a downstairs (beer and pop) fridge. Both have good sized freezers so I never bothered getting a deep freeze.

Every year my work gives me a turkey at Christmas. Usually I give it away but last year I did not.

This means that I still have a turkey in my freezer.

Soon I will be adding the next Christmas gift turkey to my turkey collection.

That means that I will have 2 turkeys in my freezers.

And soon I will be buying the Christmas turkey. You are shaking your head right now but neither of my gift turkeys are big enough for our Christmas dinner. So that means that I need to buy another one. (I have already put this off long enough.)

That means that I will have 3 turkeys in my freezers.

One of my guests for Christmas dinner is Kosher. I had to buy a kosher turkey breast. And it is quite large.

That means that I will have 2 smallish turkeys, 1 big turkey and a good sized turkey breast in my freezers.

And here is where the problem is: My freezers are full. (Already I have been forced to put all my Christmas baking in a cooler in the garage!)

So for dinner for the next few nights we need to eat 4 frozen pizzas, perogies, waffles, bread, cheesecake, roasters, soup, spagetti sauce, hamburgers, chicken, 5 lbs of ground beef, vegetables, penne, finger foods and whatever the hell else may be lurking in the freezers.

Oh goody.

The Buzz:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger `*Pansy*~ declared...

You could give one of the turkeys to Eric's boss, or to one or more of his co-workers...would that work?

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kat declared...

LMAO! Girl, you need to invite some REALLY good friends over (the kind that you don't clean the house for) and have a freezer-empting buffet.

As long as there's enough beverages, you should find freezer room in just a couple hours!

Good luck!
-K.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Johnny the Horse declared...

You need to freeze things? I thought it was snowing and that the North Pole was at the end of the street. I didn't get time for lunch today so I'll pop over after work and help out;)

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Buy your turkey at the local butcher shop. For the difference of a couple of bucks compared to the grocery stores, the bird you'll get will taste better and if you ask nicely, they'll likely let you keep in stored in their freezer in the back until the day before you're ready to roll.

Be sure to use fresh savoury in the stuffing.

Until the, enjoy your soon to be umm "enjoyed" frozen-pizza-perog-waffle-bread-cheesecake-roasters-soup-spagetti sauce-hamburger-chicken-ground-beef-vegetable-penne-finger-food-and-lurkings...casserole.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Aren't all breasts kosher?


Tee hee.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger chunk declared...

give the smaller turkeys to charity.

Tis the season.

J.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger John B. declared...

Why not cook the two smaller turkeys at the same time, and not purchase a larger turkey? Maybe I am missing something here...

I will, however, accept a dinner invitation, if extended, to eat all of the frozen pizzas, etc. that you need to finish off to make room for the turkeys! Or you can just UPS the leftovers to me in Indiana, just put them on dry ice...

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Zulu declared...

When I worked for UPS they used to give us the same gift. I'd end up with multiple turkeys and I was in my early 20s and single. Not a lot of turkey cookin' going on so I donated them to a local charity.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

I like the charity idea, Sha. Daily Bread Food Bank. I don't know if they accept perishables, but they might know who does. Or you might try calling local churches. Surely someone would love to have a Christmas turkey!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jen declared...

Man. I need to come to your house. You know what I have in my fridge? Lean turkey dogs and rainbow sherbert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home