Monday, December 20, 2004

But I Only Look 22.....

Today is my big day. Today I'm .......... 32. But, of course, I only look 22. Right?

I think that it's extremely unfair that my birthday falls on a Monday. I hate Mondays. (And it's so bloody cold out there today!) On the other hand I've been celebrating my birthday almost all weekend. Gotta love that.


31 was a remarkable year. Bought a house, got married, met new friends, bought a new car..... oh I could go on and on.

Am I where I thought I would be at 32? No. But even though I'm not where I pictured I'd be, it's still a pretty darn good place. I have a good life. I have wonderful friends. Although I'm far away from my family and old friends, my husband and my new friends are wonderful and I'll never feel alone as long as they're close by. And my blogger friends are close to me no matter where I live. I am thankful for that.


Although I might wish that I could say I'm 28 or I might wish that I look 22, I would not for one minute go back. My thirties have been wonderful and generous with me. I am richer in so many ways since I passed the 30 mark.

Yay for 32!

The Buzz:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger writersblock declared...

I always think of it as my birthday week, isn't of just a birthday. It makes the celebration last longer.

Happy Birthday. I wish I was ONLY 32!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger chunk declared...

32 never looked so good. Happy happy day.

You are simply lovely.

J.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger John B. declared...

You look fine for 32...or 22!

Happy Birthday

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

Happy Birthday SHA!
Here's a ditty to mark the officious occasion:

There once was a gal named Sha,
Who bought the most beautiful bra;
Twas covered with lace; matched her beautful face,
It really was pretty.... I saw!

LOL... :o) Happy birthday sweetie!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Zulu declared...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jen declared...

Happy birthday!!! 32 is looking good!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

Congratulations for a guy who was only 25 when you cried your first. As long as you're not crying today. It's a gorgeously, sunny day here, very warm on the trails don't you know.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

A happy one to you , o fellow Sagittarian.

Being able to fully benefit from life's lessons and still having the energy to take great big bites out of life at a whim: those are the dual gifts that our 30s give us.

The bad news for me at least is that at a newly-minted 37, my 30s are coming to a close in an awful hurry. Ouch.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

Happy Birthday Hunny.
The sun is shining brightly and I am sure we are both feeling better today than we were 32 years ago. It was just about now you were taking your first breath, and I was breathing a big sigh of relief. What joy you brought into our lives and still do. Love you bunches and wish you the best day ever. See you soon.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Johnny the Horse declared...

Happy Birthday! There's a bottle of wine at home that has your name on it, but i'm going to drink it anyway. Have a great day and make sure you get good pressies. I like WB's idea. Celebrate for the week.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger rick declared...

okay... i have exactly 12 minutes central standard time to wish you a happy birtday... i know i'm late, but i hope you had a wonderful birthday... even if it was a monday...

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Dragonfly declared...

Sorry, I´m a little late.. But, happy Birthday!! :-)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Larry declared...

Hey there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I missed your BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32......no way...you only look 28!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger JV declared...

Happy belated birthday, Butterfly. Birthdays keep getting better, if you do them right. Glad you had a good one.

JV

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Kat declared...

Happy birthday, girl! And I hear you...my thirties are sooo much better than my twenties. I feel like I finally have a clue about what life's all about!

Enjoy your day, week, year!
-K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home