Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Day After.

Yesterday was a good day. Lunch out with friends, birthday cards, emails and phone calls and presents. And so many birthday wishes (poems even!) from my blogger friends. Thanks for that.

Last night when I got home from work there was a surprise waiting for me. My parents! They had travelled to see little old me on my birthday. Ain't that grand? We ate pizza and listened to Christmas music and yipped and yapped well into the night. They just came for the night. Isn't that fun?

And today the birthday continued. I met a dear friend for coffee in the middle of the day. What a nice break from the busyness. By my count this is Day 5 of birthday celebrations. (It all started with the tiara.)

And now my folks are gone and I sit here on my couch all by myself. My man is working late and I am in my comfy clothes with a glass of red close by. Tonight is a Me night. Tonight I shall blog and read and catch up on email.

There will be no furious last minute cleaning or baking or cooking. There will be no phone calls (if I can help it). The TV or the stereo will be on in the background. The tree and all the lights will be lit. The fire will be roaring and I .... shall .... relax.

Feels good.


The Buzz:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

Glad to see you're relaxing. Have a wonderful evening Sha!

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

A night by the fire is hard to beat. No question. I'm eager to do just that over the next few weeks so I can catch up on all my reading that I have let slip. Five books on the go at once...sheesh!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger chunk declared...

That
sounds
so
nice.

My life is a tornado wrapped in a cyclone.

All the time.

J.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger rick declared...

coffee in the middle of the day with a friend... it just doesn't get better than that...

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Jen declared...

Wonderful.

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Kat declared...

Sigh...a ME night sounds incredible. Hope you enjoyed it!
-K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home