Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year and All That Jazz.

I really don't give a rat's ass about New Year's Eve anymore. Gone are the days when I wanted to go out and party all night. Gone are the days when I wanted to dress up in a fancy-shmancy new dress and sexy high heels. Gone are the days where I paid an exorbitant amount of money to get into the bar I usually go to for free. And gone are the days where I think waiting 2 hours for a cab is reasonable because it's New Year's.

Give me my love, a few close friends and maybe even some family. Give me my own living room or perhaps a friend's comfortable rec room. Take my keys away and put a glass of wine in my hand. Turn on the stereo and have Dick Clark muted on the TV. Conversation, laughter, the retelling of stories that we all know. A kiss as the clock strikes midnight. A phone call to those that aren't with me.

What could be better than that?

Not much in my book.

In keeping with tradition I wish you all a Happy New Year! Tonight I shall raise my glass many times. One of those times I shall be toasting you. All my new, wacky, wonderful friends in blogdom.

Happy New Year my friends. May the new year bring you joy and peace and happiness and all the good things in life. May it be very good to you and yours.


The Buzz:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger rick declared...

have a wonderful nite! it sounds great... (honestly, i would rather be doing that too... but my damn wife and wants to go to a bar... so, guess where i'll be... right, a bar...)

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Happy New Year!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger John B. declared...

Happy New Year!

No Dick Clark this year, or so I read. He had a stroke, and we get (and make sure you have a barf bag handy before you read this)...Regis Philbin.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Dragonfly declared...

Yay! It´s officially year 2005 here! And 3.30am... Happy New Year!!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

That's exactly what I did yesterday and I had the best time, hope you did too. Here's to 2005.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Right said! We should all be so lucky to spend new year's eve as we ought to the rest of the year: surrounded by family, friends and loved ones.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

A lovely sentiment, Sha. Happy New Year.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Jen declared...

Happy New Year and blog on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home