Thursday, December 30, 2004

It's All About Me....

I just got into a list mood. So I decided to expand upon my Random Facts About Me list. Beware though. This list is all about me.

Red is my favourite colour.

I have seen Weird Science hundreds of times.

I never wear white shoes.

My toe nails are always painted. Once time Eric painted gold stripes over my red nail polish. And then I went out shoe shopping.

I get stressed out easily.

I think that every woman should own at least one pair of red shoes.

When my parents come to visit, my mother usually leaves me a note (and sometimes a treat) under my pillow. I always look for it as soon as I get home.

I check blogs and email all day.

I have driven from Ottawa to Sarnia in 5 hours and 45 minutes. (That's pretty impressive.)

I can do toe tricks.

I cry when I'm angry. This frustrates me.

Lying is something I do well. But I don't do it often.

I once dated a man twice my age.

I'm comfortable with public speaking but I would rather speak in front of 50 strangers than in front of 50 friends.

I gave up making New Year's Resolutions years ago.

I'm thinking about taking up New Year's Resolutions again.

The boys used to make the girls play kissing tag in grade 3. Even then I loved boys. I had a crush on the kisser and secretly liked being caught.

I was the first girl in my class to wear a bra. (And it wasn't 'cause I wanted to.)

I once found myself being mean to a classmate just to fit in with the cool kids. I did it without thinking and have never forgotten how terribly I felt in the next instant. It is a moment of regret for me.

I have no confidence or coordination when it comes to sports.

I usually assume that people will forget me after meeting me.

I have nightmares about Tornados.

I really dislike talking to children on the phone. I'd rather they not call and thank me for the birthday present or the Christmas present or whatever.

I have been known to be jealous of my husband's video games.

Eric and I fight about things I never thought we'd ever fight about.

I didn't realize that I had even posted this when I did. It was kinda a work in progress but since I did already, what the hell, I guess that I'll leave it.

The Buzz:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Johnny the Horse declared...

I love wierd science. I love Kelly le Brock. I own very little red. I can do Sydney to Tamworth in under 6 hours (in a diesel ute) so I assume it's a similar distance. I have no confidence or coordination when it comes to sports.I once dated a woman twice my age. I usually assume that people will forget me after meeting me. I secretly like the Spice Girls.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger rick declared...

freaking love it!!!

"a missle! there's a missle in my house, gary!"

i love list like this... just random, fly by the seat of your pants thoughts...

and... what on earth are toe tricks??????? does it involve the hubby?

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Butterfly declared...

Cool. 3 for 3 loving Weird Science.

Toe Tricks. Well perhaps that's better left unexplained. Even if I tried it would just sound silly. :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

I can touch my nose with my tongue. I've never seen Weird Science. I get stressed out easily and I cry and I hate that. I check e-mails and blogs all day. I don't own a pair of red shoes or even a red purse or belt but I usually paint my toe nails red or cranberry. I once dated two men at the same time, one was a deaf Olympic speed skater - fabulous legs - hmmm should I edit that it sort of narrows things down a bit doesn't it? Oh what the hell. I can't do toe tricks but my sister-in-law can.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Philothea Rose declared...

I used to want to BE Kelly LeBrock. Did you ever see Woman in Red? I am a Weird Science fan as well.

And, you make a very good point about the red shoes. I think I will go get me a pair. We should all have a little excitement in life, even if it's in our closet.

And the little kids probably don't want to talk to you either, but us weird parents have thing *thing* about making our kids into appreciative, polite, social people. I know I do it and it is torture to anyone without kids (so I try to not do it to my kidless friends). Once the kid says "thank you" or "hello" or "happy birthday", just say thank you back with a quick, "now can I talk to your mom?" Those children will probably thank you for it, and you will be their favorite adult!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Jen declared...

I really love these lists. It's fun to see all those things that make me go, "ME TOO!!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home