Wednesday, December 01, 2004

It's Here!!! (I'm a spoiled brat)

I'm so excited. And let me tell you why.

I am almost 32 years old and for the past few years my Mom has taken to sending me and my sister (wherever we may be) a homemade, personalized advent calendar. Yahoo! It's December 1st and there in my mailbox is my advent calendar. It was conservatively dressed in a paper wrapped package but I knew what it was and could barely suppress my excitement as I headed for home.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I love Christmas. I'm a sucker for decorations, music, wrapping paper, cards and last but not least the spirit. Receiving my calendar just brought it all together. Every day from now until Christmas I get to open a tiny package. Inside each package is a little treat and a quote.

In today's package?

December, the diamond-frosted clasp linking
twelve jewelled months to yet another year.

-- Phyllis Nicholson


And with it I received a wine glass charm. A Christmas tree no less! How fitting. Let me attach it to my wine glass as I sip between sentences.

Thanks Mom. You have no idea how much I enjoy these little treats and quotes that you time-consumingly and thoughtfully put together for me. Big hugs across the miles.

Don't you just love it?

The Buzz:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

Yes I do love it and am so glad that you do too. Enjoy each and every day of the season.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger writersblock declared...

It's final then. I'm adopting your mother.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Aww, that's so sweet! I want an advent calendar! *POUT*

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Cat declared...

*That's* what I'm missing.... we used to always have an Advent Calendar. Waaaaaah! I want one now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home