Thursday, December 16, 2004

Keeping Company.

Do you ever glance around and find yourself in a state of awe at the amazing people around you? I do. And often.

Sometimes I feel like the tagalong that the cool kids tolerate. Nothing is ever said or done to make me feel that way. It's just that I so completely respect and admire the company that I'm keeping that I almost feel like I don't belong.

I'm not as talented as them. I'm not as funny. Nowhere near as insightful or eloquent. My best can still leave a lot to be desired and my imagination is sadly lacking. I work away and strive to do the best that I can but I wonder sometimes when I will be exposed for the mediocre being that I am.

I am blessed to know such extraordinary people. They make my world a better place.

The Buzz:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

11:34? Shouldn't you be in bed, and what kind of comapany are you keeping at this hour anyway? lol

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger `*Pansy*~ declared...

I often feel that way, with my co-workers, primarily.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger chunk declared...

the company you keep I am sure feels the same way about you.

How could they not?

J.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Queenie declared...

That is right! There must be something fabulous about you.

Q

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Johnny the Horse declared...

Don't be down on yourself. From what little I know of you reading this blog those thoughts are not required nor are they accurate.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Amen, Johnny! My thoughts, exactly.

One of the best bits of advice I've ever received (and accepted) is this: Keep good company. Spend time with people who lift you up. Spend time with those who are keen to improve themselves and who thereby improve the world. Learn from them. Emulate them. Seek to move always from darkness into Light. Keep good company. WTG, Sha!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

Beautiful Sha~ There is nothing uninsightful or ineloquent about you. Believe who you truly are ~ a wonderful spirit travelling along, keeping company with other wonderful spirits. No spirit is mediocre. We are all exceptional.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home