Sunday, January 09, 2005

Anyone Got a Shoehorn?

I'm waiting on Eric. You see. Now that we finally got all our Christmas Decs down and packed in an organized way into totes we face the problem of getting them all back in to the storage spot under the stairs that's alloted for Christmas stuff.

This will proove to be difficult. It was full before this past Christmas and then I went Christmas crazy and bought another tree (so that we could have one upstairs and one downstairs) and numerous other new Christmas Decs. (Let's just say that the amount of Christmas stuff at least doubled.) So now I find myself looking at 12 large Rubbermaid totes, 2 big Christmas tree boxes, and a myriad of other things like pictures that wouldn't fit into totes. Add on top of that the 4 boxes of decs and 2 boxes of dishes that my mother sent down this year and I think that this may be an impossible task.

I hope he's up for the challenge.

The Buzz:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

12 totes??!! I guess I should be grateful for my two totes! ;)

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Butterfly declared...

Believe it or not a friend of mine (who is obviously a total Christmas fanatic) has somewhere between 25 and 30 totes. And that's only Christmas. She also decorates for Halloween and Easter!!!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

You said you now have an upstairs tree and a downstairs tree.... hmmmm... I don't know why I started this comment because I don't know the answer or even have a decent answer. laugh

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue declared...

It's probably time to install a second set of stairs to your downstairs area. If you put in a second entrance in the back of your house you will double your storage space.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger BridalBeer declared...

The after-Christmas spirit is usually more robust.
I wish there was an efficient and easy-to-do charity where people could just dump stuff that would be meaningful for someone else.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

I know a person whose family leaves all their inside Xmas decor up year-round. It's bizzare to walk in their house in June and see the Xmas tree fully decorated and a stockings hanging up. They think nothing of it. Freaks.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Jen declared...

And I have two shabby cardboard boxes full of Christmas junk...not including the tree, of course.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

hello shaw. i was just at happy and blue's site and he seems to like your site and he said that you helped him add the "blogs i read list" on his site. i would like to be able to do that but i do not know how. have you any suggestions. i even tried to install some links but i had to do it within one of my post. maybe i am using the wrong template .if you can not help that is o.k. too. have yourself a good day and a better year.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger bounce declared...

I solemnly packed away my very first clear tote box of Christmas ornaments and baubles. woohooo I felt so adult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home