Sunday, January 02, 2005

Back to the Grind.

Tomorrow is my last day off. I am so dreading going back to work.

It'll be hard to get up early. I've been sleeping in till all hours for days now.

It'll be hard to start eating better. The last week or so has been filled with good food. Fattening food. I can feel my jeans getting tighter and tighter.

It'll be hard to get through the work. My desk will be piled high with a week's backlog of work. Oh lucky me. And January is one of our busiest months. I may be a bitchy blogger for the next while. I'll have to actually work and try not to check my Gmail constantly. Not to scan blogs for any new entries will be tough (impossible). I don't know if I can do it.

It's times like these, when I'm off work, that I start to look at life differently. I really think that we are going about life all wrong. It seems that our whole lives revolve around work. It just seems wrong. We're put on this earth for a few short years and spend most of them doing our jobs. And in many cases we don't enjoy our work. I know that there are a few lucky souls out there that love their jobs. But really? The masses? Most of us do not like our jobs or cherish our place of employment. We do it because we need to.

We can't spend the time with family that we should. We don't get enough sleep. We stress about spreadsheets and pay day and deadlines. We deal with asshole bosses and crabby coworkers and impossible clients. We work hard most of the year and try to enjoy the measely couple of weeks off that we are allotted. It sucks.

That's it. I have got to win the lottery.

The Buzz:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Magicfingers declared...

My sentinents exactly. Time is so short and goes so fast. When did things get twisted around? I need time to visit family and friends. Go on vacations. See sights I have been wanting to see for many years and still haven't made it. THAT DOES IT I AM GIVING MY NOTICE TOMORROW!!LOL. If only I could..........

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

Hi Butterfly...
I read your posting and you are so right... you don't know how right you are. I tried to do it all and cram it all into one week... work week, fun, all of it.

Now I sit here and look back and what do I have for all of it? One heart attack, 2 strokes and the list goes on. Laugh. Now I am FINALLY taking time for me. I'm on Social Security disability and I take my time. I make people wait for me now and I don't care if they don't like it. Now I can sit and bore people to death with my Blog adventures. Laugh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home