Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Gee. Thanks.

I was sitting at my desk this morning feeling slightly pleased with myself for getting up and getting to work early. I didn't even feel to terribly considering it was my first day back since Dec. 24. I was in the process of clearing my desk of a week's worth of backlog when a colleague came in to wish me a Happy New year. And then what did she say?

"You okay? You sure look tired."

Thank you so much! That's a polite way for telling me I look like shit.

Made my day.

The Buzz:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Magicfingers declared...

I have always said, "If you can't say anything nice, keep your trap shut" Some people are just rude.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

I feel your pain. I've found http://www.gwally.com/pranks/office/
quite handy at providing legitimate revenge. Good luck!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Jen declared...

Ouch!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Funny how those words of concern feel more comforting when you are actually feeling sick and/or tired. But when you aren't, they are insulting. There's nothing really to do, I suppose, but appreciate their concern especially if it's genuine.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger chunk declared...

You should have just punched her in the box.

2005 the year of the box punching!

tee hee!

J.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger John B. declared...

I was thinking the same thing as Jason was...knock her in the chops and go at it.

I haven't seen a good cat fight between two women in quite a while, can you video tape it for us?

Seriously, it is those simple, well meaning comments that can really get under people's skin, as you have well experienced.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Iona declared...

Check this out, hope it'll make you feel better ;)
www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_it_Over.swf

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger rick declared...

i'm sure what she meant to say was, "gosh! even when you're tired, you still look better than me..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home