Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Good Intentions.

I had such good intentions to come up with an interesting, witty post tonight but my brain is fried (FRIED!) from work. I was so busy that I didn't even get to check blogs today. Can you even imagine???? A day does not go by without checking at least a few favourites.

I didn't go so far as to turn Gmail off though. Couldn't bring myself to do that. Total deprivation would have been the end of me. I had to get through the day somehow didn't I?

Tonight, after a glass or two of wine, I decided that it would be a great idea to highlight my hair.

Hmmm. Tired. Wine. Permanent dye. Could be a dangerous combination.

Being too cheap broke lazy thrifty to go to a salon to get it done I bought a box. Read the instructions. Looked easy enough. Eric gave me a hand rinsing it out. Between the two of us we managed to spray the entire bathroom with the out of control shower hose thingy. It was ridiculous and we were both in hysterics. Eric gave up trying to keep the water in the tub and just turned the hose on me. I was completely soaked but it was such fun and much needed comic relief. And my hair was a success! Well. Almost. Aside from the crazy whiteblonde splotch on the side of my head, it looks pretty good.

It's a good thing that I have curly hair. It helps to hide these little, unfortunate incidents. tee hee

And that was my day.

The Buzz:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

See, you discovered the secret... always have a few glasses of wine before doing anything in the house.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

When I was twelve or thirteen, I decided I wanted to be blonde. I had light brown hair, almost golden blonde anyway. But I wanted to go a bit lighter. I used my allowance and bought what I thought was bleach or highlights. It turned out to be something called a stripper. Strips all the color out of your hair so that you can then dye it. I applied it so crappily that I ended up with patches of blonde. Noticeable patches. My aunt had to fix it by re-applying more of the stripper product but evenly this time. Luckily it was during the summer and I spent that summer as a glamorous platinum blonde. Right before school started my aunt then dyed my hair back to its normal light brown. Sigh.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Jen declared...

Gmail is like my IV fluid. I am completely obssessed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home