Sunday, January 09, 2005

Homebody.

I'm getting old.

Going out is just not as much fun as it used to be. Perhaps I'm just out of practice.

It used to be we stayed in because, after buying our house, we just couldn't afford going out so much. Plus most of our friends have kids so it makes it more difficult to plan nights out.

But now? I enjoy staying at home. I'm comfortable. It's more affordable. I guess I'm just turning into a homebody. Even when we go out to a friend's place (like tonight) we still usually end up coming home fairly early.

It's just after midnight. 10 years ago? My night would just be beginning. We'd just be showing up at the bar right about now.

If you'd have told me then that going out to a pub for the evening would turn into a special occasion within a few years, I'd have laughed at your joke and bought you a drink for telling it.

The Buzz:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger John B. declared...

Welcome to married life...just wait until you/if you have kids.

My oldest, who is in high school, goes out more than my wife and I do.

My wife and I really believe that in a marriage, you do need to make it a point to get out once every month or two, even if you have kids. It is important for your relationship, and if mom and dad ain't happy, the kids won't be.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

John B you hit the nail right on the head. Sha, it's all in maturing... I think as we get older we all think about younger days... but we grow into new phases of our life. It makes that saying that youth is wasted on the young even more aparent.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Happy and Blue declared...

John and Denny are right as always. With those two commenting what left for the rest of us???
My two cents worth, which used to buy a lot when I was a kid, is how in the heck did you manage to stay up until midnight? If I'm not in bed by 10pm I'm wrecked for a week.
On a happier note when you get old enough you won't be able to remember where you put your purse, let alone your youth.
Hope that helps..

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

I agree with Denny. I believe that we travel through life in phases. It's different for everyone. For me, phase one was birth through high school graduation. Phase two was college. Phase three is where I'm at now. Slowing down from phase two, but trying hard not to come to a total standstill. Each phase takes a lot of adjustment, or getting used to. I'm just trying to figure out where phase four begins so I can brace myself for it!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Jen declared...

Is it sad that I'm not even married and I'm a homebody?

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

Hi Jen... ummm, I'm available.... lol

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

Hi Shauna, what a funny post. Jane and I exactly the same way. Five short years ago she was prowling bars looking for chicks, and I was still married to the Neanderthal. I would have bought a double for the person who'd told me, in five years, you're going to be married to a woman and living in O'Ville!
Loving every minuted of it, as I'm sure you are. Home is a wonderful place to be. xo Jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home