Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Can See the Light.

Spring is coming. I'm telling ya. I measure the changing season by the light of day.

I leave work around 430pm. In the dead of winter it's dark by the time I get home around 5pm.

But now? It's getting lighter. I can still see by the time I get home. If I can see the water tower of CP as I'm driving down the highway, I know that the darkest days are over.

Okay. Okay. I know it's still January. But let me be positive for just a little bit. It happens so rarely in this godawful month.

The Buzz:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue declared...

The days are getting longer and the nights are getting shorter. It's all good.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

You're reading my mind. I thought the exact same thing around 5pm.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Lefty Telepathy declared...

heh heh,

Come live in Berkeley.

Plenty of liberals and winter doesn't exist.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Yep. Just four more months of this crappy weather.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

I know exactly how you feel...

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

Yes,yes! Spring will be here very soon!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Zulu declared...

I noticed the increased daylight this week and it was great to see.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Jen declared...

Errr...can't really say I relate. It was 70 degrees F yesterday and I wore a tee. Gorgeous day.

You can hit me now....

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Clark declared...

It must have been a slow news day today. They interviewed my mom because it was raining.

Actually, I'll just go post this on my own so as not to steal your thunder (though maybe you'd like thunder, lightning, rain sleet and snow all to be stolen anyhow).

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger portuguesa nova declared...

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I was leaving work today...even though it was raining razor-blade-like ice chips, the fact that it was not totally dark out left me with some hope.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Look at that, Sha'! Ten comments. Eleven now. I've noticed the lengthening days too. Great innit? Oh how we thirst for Light. There's something quite spiritual about that, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home