Friday, January 07, 2005

Thank God that's Over!!

What a hellish week.

It's times like these when I wonder why I bother taking vacation at all. The work piles up. And then I have to come back and try to catch up while staying on top of new work coming in. Hellish.

I earned my pay (and then some!) this week. Kept the blog surfing and the gmailing to a minimum. That was hard.

One night this week I was working late. I was just about ready to blow my stack (-->"I do not get paid enough for this bullshit!!") when my boss came in to "chat". (My boss is not a "chatter".) As it turns out, it was worth staying late for.

I got a raise. A nice one. Shocking but true. Could it be? No. Not.....Validation? In the office I work in? Did he come up with that all on his own? It would seem so. I got a pat on the back and "you're doing a great job Shauna". Oh and by the way thanks for dealing with your 2 wacko coworkers in such a diplomatic manner.

Ha!

We talked for a few more minutes about things and I told him that I was very appreciative of the raise. He sauntered out while I tried to keep a straight face. As soon as he turned the corner I gleefully hammering the figures out on my adding machine.

Yahoo! It's not much but it's better than a kick in the head.

The Buzz:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger EV declared...

Congrats Baby..... Bring that bacon home !!!!!!! :)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

Just remember, one step forward is always better than 2 steps back...

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

Oh I can see it now. Presents for Dad. Hmmmm ... had my eye an a 21" monitor. :)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

Congrats! Looks good on you hunny!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Good job!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

Yay! Good news, Sha! You know you deserve this.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Dragonfly declared...

Congratulations! :)

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Happy and Blue declared...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

well it is always good when you are appreciated. it does not happen often enough though. good luck at the job. i have not been to your site before so let me introduce myself. My nickname is mrhaney. I am a 58 year old male married to a wonderful woman. We have 4 grown children . We have been married 39 years. I like good honest and caring people. I like to talk with people. I also like old music and old cars. My wife and I live in Atlanta, ga. I met her in 1965 when I was stationed at north island naval air station in san diego. We met at a dance and I proposed to her 2 weeks after. We got married on may 1, 1965. I got out of the navy in 1967 and we went to my home state of Massachusetts for a couple of years. We now live here in Atlanta and we have four grown children who are on their own. We have no pets although I would really like to have a dog, maybe some day. We are both retired now and we do a lot of remodeling on the house we are in now. have yourself a good day and drop by my site any time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home