Wednesday, February 09, 2005

8 things about my day...

1. I got all my tax letters done! Yippee! Now I just have to catch up on all my other work.

2. I managed to find time to buy my love a Valentine's Day present even though I really can't stand the whole concept of V-Day.

3. One of our independent residents at my work wandered outside in the middle of the night in his underwear. He fell on the ice and while bleeding quite profusely crawled back inside. Needless to say I'm sure that he will be switched from Independent Living to Residential.

4. I was so tired today that I was tempted to crawl under my desk and have a nap.

5. Eric promised to cook and then promptly went over to visit the neighbour. Guess I won't hold my breath.

6. I got my shoes shined and polished at a charity shoe shine event thingy. They look great.

7. I had the chance to apply for a job at a hospital here. I decided against it because the timing is just not right.

8. I downloaded 2 Gwen Stefani songs. (Rich Girl & What You Waiting For) Yes I finally put iTunes on my computer. Now if only I could make up my mind about that iPod.


The Buzz:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Sounds like a busy, full day to do all of that! Why don't you like Valentine's Day, too commercial?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

iTunes...iPod...could a shiny new iMac be next? I'll make a Mac user out of you yet! :D

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger David declared...

Sha,

This is a multi part comment.

1. Check my blog out to find out what a Marble Run is.
2. I've had number 4 days. In fact, I think there has been a time or two that I actually have crawled under my desk and taken a nap.
and
3. iMac? You know what the "i" stands for right? Check this out. At the very end the guy makes a comment about iMacs that I would agree completely with.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

When I worked for the government I had a position where I could simply lock my door and lay on the couch for an hour or so... No one ever missed me... laugh

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Larry declared...

Sounds like you had a busy day......

Hope the resident is ok.

I am dreaded getting started on my taxes...that means I have to find everything....lolol....

Well....I hope your Thursday is a GREAT day!!!!

Hugs from the 'Big Smoke'

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Get the iPod get the iPod get the iPod! I love mine and I haven't heard complaints from anyone I know who own one.

Are you a nurse? Just curious.

I can't tell you the last time my husband has "cooked." Turning meat over on the bbq grill doesn't count (though he'd tell you it does count.)

When he does cook, it's baked chicken and mac&cheese.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

It does sound like you had a great day. Well except for the guy hurting himself part although it wasn't you that was hurt so I guess that's good too.
Oh, and the part where you wanted to sleep under your desk although napping is good so I guess that was ok.
And the lack of hubby cooking supper part but sometimes that's for the best so I guess you really did have a great day.
Hope today's as good.

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

i love your smile...

love,
tex ass

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

I agree with you on #2. V-day just depresses me. It's like, could you please rub it in my face a little more. I didn't see all the hearts and mushy gifts in EVERY store since Christmas! While you're at it, perhaps you'd like to kick my dog...

Delawarean, table of one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home