Sunday, February 27, 2005

The Bandwagon.

The Delawarean and Mike say if you do this you're cool. (Maybe it's a Delaware thing.) And you know I'm always the first one to jump on the cool bandwagon. So here's litte thing that's making the rounds. Actually it's kinda neat to see what books people have lying around.

Instructions:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

So as I am sitting next to my bookshelf I closed my eyes and pointed...

S. Morgenstern's
The Princess Bride
by William Goldman

Immediately, Inigo shifted position, increased the speed of his sword.

"Now he surprises you with Bonetti's attack."

But Inigo was not surprised for long.

So now what do I do?

Beats me.

But here's a Quiz to go along with The Princess Bride theme.



Buttercup

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti

The Buzz:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

This has happened because they have no visual content, and that's generaly a good thing. We can use them to achieve another design goal, though: ... (that's enough)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

I've heard this one before--like several years ago, and I swear the pages are slightly different!
"As for me, I have never been averse to adjusting my standards to accommodate the reality of the moment. Such flexibility, I find, greatly reduces the rolling of eyes and the gnashing of teeth, both of which are deleterious in the long term. It is a very good thing that I have developed so laissez-faire a posture."
Guess the book?!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Magicfingers declared...

Ok I did it. Now I shall be called CoolMagicfingers.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

First, allow me to see that I read you quite often, if not daily, but rarely get a chance to post b/c your site never lets me. (?)

But this test must be broken,
I cannot be Inigo . . .

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

All the books close to me are textbooks. Too boring..
I did that quiz thing and I was some Albino guy..

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger JODSTER declared...

I did the quiz. I'm Fezzik the Giant. I love that book. The movie was awesome, and the book was even better.

As for MY book, the only book I have handy is "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy (yes, THAT Jenny McCarthy)

Pg 123 says:

"Blue Twinkies does not refer to your vagina after delivery. That would be called Blown-Out Vagina. This section is about the evolution of your vagina in *preparation* for blowing it out."

I think I need to read more here. Gotta get my vagina prepared...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home