Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Line Up.

Thursday evening. It's our big TV night. And our big TV night just got bigger. Survivor is back! The 10th series! Wow. I haven't missed one series yet. I guess that they're changing it up this year.

I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand I say: "Why mess with a good thing? It works. So leave it alone." On the other hand: "Change is good. Keeping it fresh is a good thing."

So we'll see.

Our neighbour (Carly) comes over every Thursday. Sometimes her boyfriend comes too. It's a tradition now. We eat snacks and enjoy the fire. We chat during commercials and generally have a really nice evening.

My question is, why do they have to put all the good TV shows on in one night?

Here's what we watch:

730pm Joey
800pm Survivor
900pm The Apprentice
1000pm ER

We have to tape The OC (at 8pm) for Carly and then we also tape CSI (at 9pm). She takes the tape home, watches the shows and then brings it back so that we can watch CSI.

If they could spread these shows around to different nights, life would be a lot easier.

Such is the life and trials of Sha.

The Buzz:

At 8:34 p.m., Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

It's all just an evil plot by the networks to control us. Well for a few hours a week anyways...

 
At 8:56 p.m., Blogger shadowbox declared...

Oooh I liked this post so much that I had to read it twice. Apparently so did Blogger.

:D

 
At 10:25 p.m., Anonymous Caribbean Colors declared...

Dang, its Thursday? I thought it was Tuesday, no wonder Sex in the City isn't on.

 
At 10:49 p.m., Blogger Magicfingers declared...

I only have a few shows I can't miss during the week. I too watch Joey(he was also my fav on friends)
Two and a half men. Charlie Sheen is so funny. American Idol, and Leave it to Beaver every night at 9:30. The rest of the time is blog or channel surfing.

 
At 12:11 p.m., Blogger mrhaney declared...

i know just how you feel sha. thursday is a great night. i like friday because third watch is on but thursday is the best night. if you are in to sports then sunday is good.

 
At 12:41 p.m., Blogger Jennefer declared...

Sigh - I miss ER. I haven't watched any of this season. Jane and I shut off our cable last spring - it was great during the summer - we started to loose weight and play with the kids! But I'm in ER withdrawal. It's serious. I have to find this season's shows on the internet or something. The last thing I saw was Weaver getting her son back, and Noah and his girlfiend losing their baby.
Can I live vicariously through you Sha? lol
We have managed to watch Amazing Race as a friend of ours taped it for us. That was fun - though I was disappointed Kris and John didn't win it. The models won - and they were whiney. The next one should be good with Rob and Amber. I loved his sarcasm on survivor.

 
At 12:42 p.m., Blogger Jennefer declared...

I wish you lived closer. I'd join the crew on Thursdays! :-P

 
At 2:05 p.m., Blogger Amanda declared...

I think they SHOULD make slight alterations to Survivor. Because people have watched it, they'll come to expect certain things if they become participants. I think they SHOULD keep participants on their toes never knowing what is going to happen next.

I guessed right when I knew that singing teacher was going to be one of the first ones gone. She was annoying just in the previews!

 
At 9:07 p.m., Blogger blue2go declared...

This week I've only watched "The Apprentice" on TV what did you think of it, this week?
I was watching quite a bit of TV over the past couple of months, but have shed the habit these last fews weeks. But did rent "Sex and City" season 6, part 2 in DVD and loved it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home