Friday, February 04, 2005

Red, Yellow & Orange

Friday. Ah Friday. There never was a more welcome Friday.

I got tonnes of work done today. Managed to get further ahead than I thought I would. So that means I may not have to go in on Sunday ~ which I thought I would have to. Whew. Hate working extra if I don't have to.

A most welcome surprise. My boss came in just after 3pm.

"I think...." he said, trailing off, "that you guys should leave early today."

Well for god's sakes! I've worked there since 2000 and I can count the amount of times he's told me to go home early. On one hand no less! The three of us stood there dumbly. Frozen in whatever tasks we were involved in, mouths hanging slightly open.

"Seriously," he continued, "It's really nice outside and it's Friday."

Say no more. I'm freakin' outta here! I still have a tonne of work to do but I shall not waste this fleeting spirit of charity. I shall not!

Grabbed my coat, put on my boots and damn near flew out the door.

"Have a great weekend......" I managed to call over my shoulder as I disappeared down the hall.

And then I bought myself flowers on the way home. 3 bunches of Gerbera daisies. One bunch red, one bunch yellow, one bunch orange.

Expensive but worth it. Just like me.

The Buzz:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger macceroni declared...

nice blog!!! Hey do you think you can go on my web at http://commens.blogspot.com? I would appriciate a comment on what you think. and if you go and comment on my web go again another day to see if your blog is on my blog... PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

(man i sound like a flight attendent... of a person who leads one of those tour buses "We'll appriciate it if you stick your hands and or head out of the window. thank you")

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Magicfingers declared...

Well your doing better than me girl, I don't think I have ever had a boss say that to me. I would be gone in a flash. I hope you don't have to work Sunday. No one should have to do that.
I also noticed H&B is missing. And so is Happy Pants.
Strange.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger colleen declared...

i bought flowers on the way home - tulips. red, white and pink. They're already starting to open and I love them.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

How nice; what a wonderful way to start a weekend!

The flowers sound lovely--much like my fireballs . . .

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Flowers, what a way to end the week! It sure is great to get off work early, partly because it happens so rarely.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

they do not let you go early if you work for the county. i would have left before he finished the sentence.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Wonderful! For a minute there I thought you were going to say he was going to ask you to work the weekend.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

Great taste you have! I adore gerbera daisies! Good for you for the extra time to yourself, and the sense to give yourself a present. You rock girlfriend! Have a wonderful weekend. I'm home nursing a cold! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home