Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Tricksies

We're getting lulled into a sense of security here in Otown. It feels like spring is coming. It's mild for this time of year. The Canal is closed for skating. People are leaving their coats unbuttoned. Bits of brown grass are poking through the snow all over the place.

The calm before the storm. I just know it.

But we can't help but hope can we? We can't help but say to ourselves, "well maybe this year spring will come early and just stay..." As much as I scoff at the thought I still secretly hope it to be true.

I need Spring. I need the crocuses and daffodils and tulips. I need to see cyclists and walkers and greet my neighbors after a winter season. I need a spring rain. I need to smell that fresh, spring smell in the air. I need green. The dirty grey is oppressive.

Only 5 more Mondays until Spring is officially here.

The countdown starts here.


The Buzz:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

I hope it lasts for you. We got nice weather and now it's cold again.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

Only 5 more days? Did I miss something?
Spring doesn't come in February . . .???

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Butterfly declared...

Hey Squirrely. Read again. It's five more MONdays till Spring. :)I was trying to be positive but 5 days is really pushing it. tee hee

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Amanda declared...

I don't know what's typical for Canada but here in Minnesota (and we're not so far from you, are we?) we are often lulled into a faux spring before we're hit by more snow and icy cold weather. It's like some sort of reprieve to help get us through long winters. I guess I'd rather have the periods of false springlike weather to help me through these blasted long winters.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

These are the in-between days of...spwinter.

From where I sit, regardless of the official start date of spring, there are more than five more weeks of this before we're out of it. Ugh!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

We had very mild weather from mid Jan until last weekend and then....-20. It was a shock. It's now warm again though. I can't help but look at the bright new fashion colors, the flowers in the shops. I'm even looking out for robins. (Could be a certain blog that has been influencing me in this way.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home