Tuesday, February 15, 2005

True Blue.

A long lost friend called me out of the blue the other day. It was really nice to hear from her. I hate to admit this but I am terrible at keeping in touch. I'm tempted to give this blog addy out even more than I already have so that people have a fighting chance at staying in touch with me.

Am I lazy? I don't know. Maybe that's part of it. Some friends I am just willing to let go. Others, I know that no matter how often or how rarely we chat, we'll always be friends.

I have lost contact with more than a few friends since I moved to Otown. A few valiently tried to call me and keep up the ties. I was content to let it fade. Maybe leaving those people behind were part of leaving my old life behind. Maybe.

It's not really fair of me. Perhaps some of my friends were left wondering what in the hell happened. I am sorry for that but I am thankful for the true blue friends that I keep. For they are worth stadiums full of friends.



Me and my best girls.

The Buzz:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

I've done the same thing although I recently read an article that stated its 50% easier to keep old friendships than to develop new ones. Proximity is fairly important to keeping a friendship going in my mind. I think there are those that it's possible to call anytime, knock on the door or whatever, but with other people, it's out of sight, out of mind.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger carrie declared...

I'm terrible at maintaining friendships. Some I'm glad to have let go, others I wish I had put more effort into. Live and learn.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Hate to say it, because it's sort of a stereotype, but when I'm in a relationship some of my friendships suffer. In fact there's a person who used to be my very best friend some years ago that I've been meaning to call since Christmas. Haven't yet, and it's 2 months later. She told another friend to ask me to call, don't know why she just didn't call me. Oh, yes I do, I'm hard to reach at home and she didn't want to call me at work.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

I've made and put aside friendships my whole life. It's always hard. The few true friends are precious.
You look beautiful in that picture by the way..

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

wow, very cute bride!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

Finally! I've been trying to comment on your pretty balloon for days! Damn blogspot. Or it could be the server at my work... grrr. Anywho! That's a very cool butterfly balloon for a very cool girl. Lucky you!
And the whole friendship thing? I think we'll all guilty of it at one time. I have three close friends who I know will be with be til the proverbial end. I count myself fortunate to have them.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

Yikes.... mind the spelling errors...lol

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

who needs friends? you did what's best for you--ok, enough sarcasim, I guess. The whole "friendship" thingy is so complex I can't even come near it--will have to think more on this.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger JV declared...

I'm terrible at maintaining friendships, even ones that have been especially rewarding. I've now lost touch with everyone from high school and even university. My two longest-standing friendships are both about 10 years old. Do we get better or worse at this as we age, I wonder.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger David declared...

Sha,

Thanks for the note, we're doing good, it will just take some time for the healing process to complete. However, your comment did remind me that I haven't read your blog for quite some time. In fact, I haven't read any of the posts on the main page...Anyhow. I read the friends entry and it made me think of a poem I have seen in e-mail, thought I would pass it on.

Reason, Season, LifetimeLater,

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home