Friday, March 18, 2005

Buy Your Coffee.

Friday's have been officially christened "Buy Your Coffee Day." at my house.

Not being made of money we had to cut down on the buying of coffee on a daily basis and start brewing our own. We make good coffee (in spite of what Shadow says) and I enjoy it every day.

But it's just not Timmy's. I love Timmy's. I work beside a Timmy's so it's pretty difficult not to make a coffee run all the time. (Especially when it's Rrrrroll up the Rrrrrrim to Win time!)

So not to be totally depriving ourselves completely, I made up "Buy Your Coffee Day." so that once a week at least we can treat ourselves to a Tim's.

It's just one more reason to love Fridays.

The Buzz:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

Coffee is the one beverage that I really wish I liked. Seriously, I have tried dozens of times to fit in with the crowd and drink coffee. But each time I convince myself that I'm going to like this cup, it comes right back to gross me out. Such is my life.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Mike declared...

I love coffee. I live for coffee. And, like all other drugs in human society, we've developed complex ritual behaviors around the use of coffee. As you've proved, Ms. Sha!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger blue2go declared...

I'm with Mike on this. I love coffee, brew a pot every day at home. Since I'm always the first one at work, I make the first pot there, too.
I go out with friends for coffee, especially mocha coffee, but otherwise don't buy already made coffee for myself. Many people at work bring in a daily cup of Starbucks or Caribou though, so guess my brewed coffee isn't so great! But it sure is cheaper.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

We had something similar when I was a kid. I lived in the country and water was scarce so we had "Change Your Underwear Day" every Sunday. It was always a happy time in the household.
Not quite the same as your day with the Tim Horton's coffee and all.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger writersblock declared...

I LLLLLLLLLLove RRRRRRRRoll Upppppp the Rim to Win.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

My doctor told me I drink too much coffee.
"That stuff'll kill you," he said.
"Well Doc, I may end up dead," I told him, "but at least I'll be awake."

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jesse declared...

i love coffee. it is so good.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Johnny the Horse declared...

Drinking it strong and black as we speak. My own brew. I've read a few North American blogs that talk of the joys of different coffee shops. We just don't have a coffee place like Starbucks etc on every corner. I love to make my own. It's as close to cooking as I get.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger chosendaughter declared...

I would die if I had to budget for Tims. I don't have to, there are 5 stores in the family. My son owns one, my daughter owns one and my former and only husband and his lovely wife own the rest. If I visit their stores I don't have to pay and you would think that I would get tons of goodies on special occasions but I don't. I did get some from #1 Son this last Christmas but that's it.

Maybe if #1 husband passes away I'll get some......

Oops did I say that out loud?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home