Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Egg Psychos.

Someone left us an Easter treat. Our weekend housesitter left a note telling us that the Easter Bunny had visited on Sunday and had left an egg on our front porch. Sure enough there was a big yellow plastic egg full of goodies.

I laughed and figured that she had left it for us but upon further investigation found out that it was not from her.

I was perplexed but not worried. And as I sat happily eating chocolates from the egg I thought to wonder briefly if perhaps some psycho had gone out delivering Easter Eggs this year.

The thought went quickly out of my mind and I enjoyed the treats thoroughly.

Just goes to show you that I live in a small, safe community when I feel safe eating chocolates left on my front porch.

Tonight we found out that it was from our neighbour up the street. See? No egg delivering psychos here.

The Buzz:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

What a nice thing for someone to do. My neighbors dog leaves me "gifts" quite often but I have never been tempted to eat them.
I guess it's a dog's way of being nice..

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Such a good neighbor! My Mom lives in a neighborhood like that, too. They leave things for each other. I've got great neighbors, but we don't leave each other treats!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger JODSTER declared...

Growing up, my mom never locked the door. She always said, if someone broke in they would have to clean up before they could take anything.

One day we came home and found the house all cleaned up. Pretty freaky, really. No idea who did it until a few hours later, my grandmother from way out of town showed up.

Turns out, she had been passing through on her way home from somewhere and stopped in to surprise us. When no one was home, she tidied up then went out for some supper before taking one last peek that we might be home.

I'm sure this will be a blog post some time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home