Friday, March 04, 2005

I Have an Active Dream Life.

Last night I had a dream. I was going for a job interview or something and I was nervous. So nervous that my mouth was bone dry. Dry like the desert. There was a big metal tub filled with ice and bottles of water but I didn't want to ask anyone for a glass of water from the interviewer. My tongue felt thick and I couldn't talk properly. I was so uncomfortable as I awaited my turn.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, I asked for some. I was handed a bottle of water but couldn't get the cap off.

For the love of god, all I wanted was a sip. I felt like crying but couldn't spare the moisture. Someone noticed my discomfort and helped me with the bottle. Gratefully I gulped down some water but didn't help.

That was when I woke up. The desert was no dream. I was parched, mouth like sandpaper. Apparently I had gotten so congested through the night that I was breathing only through my mouth.

Greedily, I gulped down the glass of water that had been within reach the whole time.

The good news is that I'm feeling slightly better today. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and well wishes everyone!

The Buzz:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Guinevere Meadow declared...

Dreams can be really weird sometimes. It's funny, I posted about dreams on my own blog a few days ago, and now as I make my "rounds," I'm finding lots of people discussing it.

Glad you were able to get a glass of water and quench your thirst!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Hope you're feeling better.

I had a very gruesome dream the other night in which I stabbed an evil serial killer (which I believe represented my fight with the flu.)

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

Wow... Thinking back, I can so relate to Amanda. I was sick earlier in the week too. I too also had a weird dream. The US was engulfed in WW3 and we were fighting off an invading army. I was a civilian in a small town and I came out of a store and looked up to see a aerial dogfight between our USAF and some bad guy. Long story short, I eventually died from biological weapons use, and THAT could have been MY cold!

I need to put the video games down. Now.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Lewis declared...

I had this really odd dream the other night, too. I was just standing there on a street corner minding my own business and out of the blue, here comes this woman yelling at me, accusing me of being a serial killer, and she's got a knife and she starts stabbing me with it. I managed to get away from her, but I don't really remember how.

I think I flu.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

Last night I dreamt I was fighting a giant chicken. In the morning I had a mouth full of feathers from the stupid hole in my pillow...

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

Now sha... I want you to remain calm when I tell you this... ok? You relaxed? Your Blog has been chosen for the "My Almost Normal Friends" blog of the day! Ta-Dah!! I can hear you squeeling for joy and clapping your hands.

You'll find your link under the appropriate heading on my sidebar! lol

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Hey, congrats on "Blog of the Day" and hope you feel better soon. Lots of liquids, they say. Maybe your dream was telling you that, to drink lots more than you have been.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

Gosh! So many people are ill right now. Be gentle with yourself, Shauna. And drink LOTS of fluids. I gotta side with B2G. That dream was just your subconscious reminding you to keep yourself hydrated. I do hope you'll feel better soon. Oh, and DON'T give your cold to Eric. You know how we men are when we're sick.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

Oh poo! I forgot to tell you about my dream. The other night I had a real strange one. I dreamt I was awake, but when I woke up, I found I was still asleep.

Ummmm ... I'm joking, of course.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

just thought i would drop by and say hello to you. that was a crazy dream. when i dream i dream i am doing some kind of work. when i wake up i am tired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home