Monday, March 07, 2005

In Other News...

Today was not a good day. As I had Thursday and Friday off sick the work was piled up on my desk with no end in sight. I barely knew where to start. Add to that, that everyone has questions for me about their taxes.

{I am not a tax expert people! Leave me alone!}

Then for kicks, let's pile a whole load of late T5s on Butterfly's desk.

{Can you have these out last week please?}


Oh and don't forget that we're short staffed this week so I have to take on extra work.

La dee freakin' da.

I know that I'll be all caught up by the end of the week. I know this, but for today and tomorrow and the next day, it won't be pretty.

Anyway, on the positive side of things, I seem to have finally shaken the worst of this cold. Now I get to point and laugh at the people who have it. Also, on the positive side of things is that I watched Spanglish last night. It was wonderful. We all really enjoyed it.

Eric has been called back to Toronto. I was not happy about his travelling. We're getting buried under winter's (hopefully) last hurrah here. Apparently it's not snowing outside of the Capital region. Doesn't that just figure? But my point is that Eric is gone for the night. He didn't even come home to pack a bag. Poor guy.

I was driving home tonight, just dreading that I was going to have to shovel our big driveway. My neck is already screwed up and I knew that shovelling all this heavy snow could only spell disaster. Imagine my relief when I turned the corner to see that my neighbour was just finishing up the job of snowblowing my driveway. I don't even know his name but he's getting a thank you card tomorrow.

Thank goodness for nice neighbours.

The Buzz:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

Don't you just love little (or big) surprises like that?

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better. But it's so true, work piles up when you're gone! My neighbors sometimes plow my driveway, too. They're great!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger writersblock declared...

You are making me so glad I gave up accounting. Don't know what's worse, being piled under with tax questions or snow, but I'm pretty sure it's tax.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

Glad to hear your feeling better.
Wish I'd known about your tax expertise before I submitted mine, hee,hee

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger JODSTER declared...

What's so wrong about Toronto?

And could you elaborate further on my basic tax emeption on line 241 of my Basic Tax Return.

Much appreciated!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

And to think all I had to worry about was what's for dinner... now I'm depressed.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

That is SO cool of your neighbor. Rainman has gone next door to snowblow The Nappers' driveway on really bad snow days when they haven't been home to do it themselves. And last year Mr. Napper came over and helped me finish blowing off our driveway.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

sucks about the work load and the neck! i feel your pain.

nice neighbors are nice.

_Spanglish_ is out on video???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home