Sunday, March 06, 2005

Last Minute Road Trip.

I am STILL not fully recovered from this cold. I felt better on Friday afternoon only to suffer a relapse at bedtime.

My nose is sore.

The funny thing is I think all these cold meds have raised my tolerance for alcohol. I drank a bottle of wine last night. I should have been falling over myself. Instead, I was only a little tipsy.

Go figure.

We went on a last minute road trip on Friday. Eric had a service call. I figured why not? I can blow my nose in a hotel room just as easily as at home..... "I'm in!"

So off we went. Got to Toronto at 11pm Friday night. Got back to Otown by dinner time on Saturday. We didn't even do anything in Toronto. Eric asked me if I wanted to at least go to Yorkdale. I declined. We've got malls here too. Why bother? So we went for lunch at Katz's and then headed for home.

It's a long way to go to sleep on a king size bed.

The Buzz:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Magicfingers declared...

Hey Sha, sorry to hear your still under the weather. Here's a tip for you. Too much alcohol is murder on your immune system. A glass of red wine a day is good for all, but too much will sort of stifle your own antibodies who are attacking your cold. You may be causing that cold to hang on.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

MF is right about the alcohol, it only makes you feel better temporarily. Lots of water and warm tea seem to help me. But maybe it just needs to run its course. But the main question is: did you have fun on your road trip?

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger John B. declared...

From a person who has shared a full-sized bed with his spouse for the last 15+ years of marriage:

Either of us would drive miles in a blinding snow storm for just one evening on a king sized bed. Our bedroom is just too small to accomadate a king sized bed.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Blue944 declared...

My wife and I had a king size bed for years...when we had to sleep in something smaller, it felt like we were sleeping on top of each other.

If alcohol is bad for a cold, why is Nyquil loaded with it? Is it a conspiracy to make us stay sick and have to keep buying their medicine?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home