Monday, March 21, 2005

Tired Eyes.

I don't know if it's the changing of the seasons or just a cycle I'm in, but I have been so tired lately. No amount of sleep is enough.

This morning I stumbled out of bed after grabbing that all important extra 5 minutes of sleep. Somehow I got myself into the shower and through all my morning tasks.

I could have sworn that I put on brown socks to match my brown pants and brown shoes.

Nope.

Once I got to work, I realized that my socks were black as can be.

I think that my brain plays tricks on me. I specifically looked for brown socks. Thought for sure I picked brown socks and here I find myself with black ones.

Every evening I actually pick out the clothes that I will wear the next day. I pull them from the closet and hang them on the back of the door. This is because my brain is usually way too addled to pick out an outfit in the morning. I've always left the sock-choosing until morning though.

Guess I'll have to start doing that ahead of time now too.

Question: Am I the only one that is completely muddled in the morning?

The Buzz:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

I used to have a deuce of a time trying to decipher the dark colours -- especially black socks vs dark blue.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger JODSTER declared...

I'm tremendously tired these days.

And to help me in the morning, I actually have my pants labelled by colour in the waist band. That way I can be sure I grabbed blue pants in the morning.

And I only have black or white socks. No variety, but easy to match.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

At least it was only your socks. I was once so sleepy in the moring that I wore odd shoes. One red one and one green one! Yikes. One had a closed heel, the other open, one sued, one leather. I didn't realize I had odd shoes on until LUNCH TIME!!!! That wasn't a good day!!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

That should read "suede". Don't think I am awake today either, and it is almost supper time.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

That is why I'm looking forward to going back to work. I've noticed that every day I have off I'm sleeping in a little more. Each day gets worse. Today I got up at 11:30. Not good. And I'm even a morning person...

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger swamp4me declared...

I am a morning person. One of those cheerful and obnoxious persons that non-morning people want to slap :)

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

hello sha.
i just thought i would drop by and say hello. i have been taking it easy today but tomorrow i will start back on remodeling the house. how are things with you this week?

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Magicfingers declared...

I need to be kicked outta bed, but usually when I am physical up and wash my face, I am ready for the world. That is,of course,if the world doesn't spin too fast for me.
I need a good 6 hours of sleep.
Be sure you are not eating or drinking too late. That can keep you from sleeping soundly. And make sure you have all your vitamins and minerals.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger blue2go declared...

I've done that at least twice now. Normally wear either navy blue or black to the office, wore navy blue socks with black! Lovely. I was conscious of it all day, too, once I woke up. Maybe I should stash an extra pair of each at the office?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Zulu declared...

While I am never a jump out of bed an attack the day girl...lately it's been even harder. I am blaming it on the weather.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

I lay everything out the day before and I still end up with an extra sock stuck to the back of my pants when I get to work.
Stupid static...

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

i have a question:

your site meter reads 9, 949.
i want to be # 10,ooo.
so, why does the registar read me multiples times when i return to your site?

what is being measured?

and congrats on 10K coming up!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Butterfly declared...

Mojo:

Site meter just counts visits. If you visit 10 times in a day then it will register 10 visits. As far as I know anyway...

I'll have to keep a close eye on my counter and have a little party when it flips over!

Thanks for pointing it out!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Guinevere Meadow declared...

I'm quite muddled in the mornings until I have my hot shower. Then I'm ready for the world! I'm all with you in picking out an outfit the night before, though. For some reason I can choose an outfit much more quickly and reasonably at night, and I can usually put together a BETTER outfit that way, too. :)

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger chosendaughter declared...

Yup, I'm blind as a bat in the morning, I think I'm wearing something that doesn't have dog hair on it and when I get out in the sunlight it's an entirely different outfit. Hairy!

I think I need to put a 100 watt bulb in the light fixture. Maybe I won't look like such a slob. Thing is I dress really well but the hair !!!!!

I have to keep duct tape in the van so I can clean myself off before I go anywhere! Pathetic, I know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home