Thursday, March 17, 2005

Today, Everyone is Irish.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!

I hope that there is lots of cheer and pub music and green beer among you. How many people will wake up with a hangover tomorrow?

What are your plans? Do you take the day off and go pubbing all afternoon and evening? I used to. Not anymore but I do miss those times on days like this. Back home everyone will be revving up for good ole St. Paddy's Day. Here, the party would be awfully small and the cab fare would be awfully expensive.

I used to party like there was no tomorrow on St. Paddy's Day. In fact, very often I did lose the next day completely to a hangover and regretted every sip of green beer.

Now I celebrate St. Paddy's Day in a pretty tame way. I wear something green. Woo hoo.

Have a great day everyone and be sure to share any stories of debauchery tomorrow.

The Buzz:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger John B. declared...

I refuse to be Irish today...I might have to drag out my 'kiss me I'm Polish' button.

I eagerly anticipate Dyngus Day around here, which in our town is bigger than St. Patty's Day, as we have more Polacks per square inch here than just about anywhere in the US.

But a corned beef sandwich and a beer doesn't sound too bad.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger JODSTER declared...

Allow me to dispense with my debauchery details now:

Early to Bed, Early to rise, I don't want to wake with bloodshot Irish eyes...

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger JODSTER declared...

Besides, I have plans for debuachery tomorrow...

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too.
I had forgotten all about it. Fortunately I read your post before I went out today so I changed into something with green on it.
Otherwise I would have been pinched to death at the mall.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger blue2go declared...

I don't celebrate it like I used to, either. Did wear green and got stopped by several people, "Oh, you must be Irish!" They weren't wearing green, so guess they were not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home