Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Excited about what?

Is everyone else fantastically busy right now?

I feel like I do not have enough hours in the day.

Sadly, this blog is suffering the effects of my busy schedule.

Spring seems to have finally sprung here. It teased us for a while. Back and forth. But every day it's a little warmer. (That's not saying much.) The snow is pretty much gone, except from the sheltered areas. I noticed that I actually have a few brave shoots poking their heads above the dirt and my cherry bush has got buds on it.

I'm pretty excited because the town I live in has started a program that if you go to a tree clinic to learn how to plant and care for trees, they will give you a tree for only $15. Isn't that fantastic? We've been wanting to plant trees on our lot. Our street is sadly very void of large trees being a relatively new subdivision, so it will be nice to plant some greenery.

And the price is very right!

With such an inexpensive addition perhaps we can afford to plant the lilac bushes that I would really like to plant. Or maybe get another tree to put elsewhere.

Either way I'm pretty excited about getting the tree.

The Buzz:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

What kind of tree will you get? I've been planting trees for the four years I've been up here and the deer and rabbits keep eating them down!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Zulu declared...

I am busy too. Looked at my calendar yesterday and there were very few open days.

We have a dogwood tree in our backyard that is beautiful. Pretty pink and white flowers. Lovely.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Dale declared...

My dad has a dogwood tree in his back yard.
"How do you know it's dogwood?" I asked him one day.
"You can tell by the bark," he smirked.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger JODSTER declared...

I'm not a gardener. In fact, I can kill a plastic plant.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Busy here, too.

I'm glad spring is here, finally!

Yay trees!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

I like trees but I wish that the leaves would just stay on the branches. I hate raking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home