Thursday, April 07, 2005

Poltergeist Passenger.

I've come to realize that I may in fact be carpooling with a ghost.

Everytime I get in the car it seems that my mirrors are slightly off. The seat too. I can't seem to get it exactly right. I never thought much of it. Perhaps I slouch more as the day goes on.

The other day though, I became sure that my car is haunted. I was driving along minding my own business. As usual I was singing along with the CD that I had playing. All of the sudden the music got a little softer. Thinking that was odd I looked at the digital display on my stereo.

Sure enough, right before my eyes the volume was being adjusted. It went from volume 16 to volume 5 in the space of about 30 seconds.

Weird huh?

Appropriately, I skipped to the next song and turned the volume back up. The ghost seemed okay with that decision. Now I'm wondering if it was my singing or the song itself that Ghosty found offensive.

I'll keep you posted on any more paranormal developments in the Elantra.

{And if you have a reasonable explanation for the
volume phenomenon, don't tell me kay? I kinda
like the idea of having company
on my commutes.}

The Buzz:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger John B. declared...

Maybe another possibility is that you alternately shrink and grow during the day...

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Denny Shane declared...

I think the ghost was giving you a slight nudge as to the type of music it prefers... I'd listen if I were you... next they'll be steering.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

That's freaky. A tall ghost who doesn't like loud music. I expect to see you on Ripley's Believe It Or Not soon..

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Rainypete declared...

I think commuting with a ghost is pretty darned cool. You'd think it would appreciate the lift, however, and be a polite carpooler. I don't criticize the drivers in my carpool when they pick what they like. You tell that ghost to open up a little or drive itself.
Just make sure you do it politely or it could take over your house.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jen declared...

Too funny! I was thinking of doing a post about my weird poltergeist/energy thing at home.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger The Delawarean declared...

Do you think that story's going to work when you get busted for driving in a carpool lane?

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger shadowbox declared...

Strange electrical behaviour is usually a sign that your alternator's about to go.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

I think that's cool. Maybe it's your gardian angel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home