Friday, April 22, 2005

Socks & Sandals.

Ahhhhh. Friday evening.

Has is really been almost a week since I last posted? Sheesh. Time flies when you’re busy.

Although it’s beautiful outside today, apparently it’s going to rain, snow(!) and storm all weekend.

Yuck. So much for getting out in the yard again this weekend.

It’s funny. As Canadians, as soon as the temp goes over 10° Celsius, we put on our sandals and bring out the patio furniture. Perhaps we jump the gun in some instances but now that I’ve got my sandals out, I hardly feel as though it’s fair that I have to dig out my socks again.

I know that the snow will melt as soon as it hits the ground (if we even get it) and I know that the rain will make the grass greener and urge my daffodils to grow. So I guess that it’s all good in the end.

After all, it is only April.

It’s just that it was such a looooooonnnnnng and hard Winter. I need the coming of Spring like I never have before.

The Buzz:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo declared...

LoL--my brother-in-law is Canadian and when he visits he wears tube socks with his sandals. Of course, the family wants to say it's b/c he's Canadian. I know he's just a strange strange little man.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

it is crazy here in atlanta, ga. we just had a storm and it was hailing pretty good. i was worried that it would break some windows.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger John B. declared...

Yes, here in Indian it was 86 F -the real way to measure temperature! ;) - now today it is going to get to 40 F.

Go figure, I just know one thing, coaching baseball in 40 degree weather is nuts.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Dale declared...

Shauna. Please tell us you'd never consider wearing socks with your sandals. Please reassure us. Please.
*smile*

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

All people of taste and distinction wear socks with sandals.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

I love being Canadian. The excitement of Spring arriving coupled with the knowledge that Winter hasn't quite left yet.
Today I watched high school kids pass by wearing shorts and winter jackets..

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger blue2go declared...

OK, what IS this anti-socks with sandals thing going on? I wear 'em like that, precisely when it's almost nice enough to wear sandals, and I really want to, but it's too cold on my feet! Is this something like the shoes with no socks rule, to try to look more classy? Bah humbug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home