Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Grand Tour

Well I feel like garbage today but since I had the time and it's a beautiful day outside I thought I would take some pictures of my yard for your perusal.

Alright. Maybe it's boring but I had fun doing it.



Eric and I just planted this tree last weekend. It is already about nine feet high and seems to be doing well. It looks like we may even get blossoms this year.



The sad truth behind this flower is as follows. Last year I left my Spring bulb planting woefully late. So there I was one cold Autumn evening, digging hurriedly in the dirt while mosquitos dive bombed me. While I got about six or so bloom in my other flower bed this is the one and only daffodil that grew in my front flower bed. It looks pathetically lonely but I love it all the same.



Remember the Root of All Evil that I heartlessly tore out a few weeks ago? Well I took this little Spirea bush from another place in the yard and planted it right where the Evil Root once stood. It's doing rather well if I do say so myself. Isn't it cute?



Another transplant. But this one is from my parents' garden back in Sarnia. Oddly enough these chives are flourishing like nothing else is. And look closely. See the little tiny Forget-Me-Nots? Those are from a few scattered seeds of the flowers that originated in my Grandpa's garden. He loved his flowers and I'm so glad that I have a piece of them in my own garden.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

The Buzz:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud declared...

Thanks for the tour. The one lonely dafodil will multiply into a nice clump in the years to come. Surprisngly, your chives seemed to be as advanced as ours. Everything looks good old Green-Thumbed-Brown-Eyes.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Amanda declared...

Very nice!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Cuppa declared...

Very nice tour. Thank you.

The chives will taste yummy in fresh potato salad. Hope they are near your side door.

Grandpa would be so pleased that you have his Forget-me-nots in your garden too. They will spread each year and get more beautiful with the passing of time. Just like memories.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Iona declared...

Nice tour indeed! And not boring at all!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger magicfingers declared...

I envy your green thumb. I have never been able to keep any greenary alive. And I hate dusty artificial plants.You have a very nice yard. Tour was enjoyable. THANKS

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger blue2go declared...

Nice yard! I think I like the daffodil best, no--maybe the tree, but they're all pretty. Thanks for the great tour!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger happyandblue2 declared...

It is a nice tour. Do we get treats now or do you just want us to leave..

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Walker declared...

Nice Garden and I like that dafodil. The tulips are out in full force here in Ottawa.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Rainypete declared...

Chives are cute, really versatiel and quite tasty. I have found that they are also rather bulletproof. Theya re difficult to kill and will spread to a healthy pile of chives in no time so have no fear in aggressive control of them when needed.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Jennefer declared...

What a lovely garden you have growing! You've inspired me to take some pictures of my budding plants. Very nice Spirea too - I love them. You should see my hens and chicks this year! It's their third year and they've grown unbelievably huge. I'll take some photos and load them soon. Very nice tour Sha, thanks!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger mrhaney declared...

if i try to plant some thing it dies. so you have done good.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger gemmak declared...

I love the solitary brave little daffodil :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home